Depth chart vs App State

Advertisement
He was held out of contact for a bit even though he was cleared.
What was the reasoning behind holding him out if he’s cleared? Or is that normal? Either way u could tell it was night and day diff between Cam and Don when they tote the rock

Advertisement
What was the reasoning behind holding him out if he’s cleared? Or is that normal? Either way u could tell it was night and day diff between Cam and Don when they tote the rock
He was behind physically , he didn’t have an off season. It’s hard to get stronger if you cant lift. He also was pretty **** big , 10-15 pounds over weight. He had bad weight from no off season. He was over the injury but needed time to get back to what he was.

Advertisement
Also, the OL started to look better when Bama lost Allen. Allen & Anderson was giving Scaife & Zion all they could handle on the edge. I’m not sure how Zion graded, but he was getting pushed into running lanes & the back field all game.

So I’m re-watching this game, w/o any emotions attached, and this is what I’m not understanding:

How do you allow Hall, Carter, Ivey, or Harvey to remain as starters?

My thoughts exactly 💯 I don’t want it to take us till mid-season like we did with Rousseau, or couch last year to find we have better talent not playing.
The excuse was upperclassman looked better in practice, but **** they should, they got the upper hand there. They been going up against the same heads for 2-3 years in practice and know their ins and outs. It’s what we see in the game that matters. I can’t point to a game and say Hall balled out, or was a dif. Maker like that.

My thoughts exactly 💯 I don’t want it to take us till mid-season like we did with Rousseau, or couch last year to find we have better talent not playing.
The excuse was upperclassman looked better in practice, but **** they should, they got the upper hand there. They been going up against the same heads for 2-3 years in practice and know their ins and outs. It’s what we see in the game that matters. I can’t point to a game and say Hall balled out, or was a dif. Maker like that.

And that’s y I try not to get to excited over practice reports. The fact we placed Frierson on the bench in favor of Carter as a Striker due to “practice” is all I need to know. Frierson was an outstanding Striker, like prototypical Striker, in “game” last season, but we’ll start a huge liability in Carter (who I just watched for the 4th time out of position) over him b/c of practice. Smh.

Advertisement
He was behind physically , he didn’t have an off season. It’s hard to get stronger if you cant lift. He also was pretty **** big , 10-15 pounds over weight. He had bad weight from no off season. He was over the injury but needed time to get back to what he was.
So in your opinion, with where Don was with everything (practice, weight, etc)… he got about the right number of carries in the Bama game? Just trying to get perspective from someone in the know. Appreciate the insight!

And that’s y I try not to get to excited over practice reports. The fact we placed Frierson on the bench in favor of Carter as a Striker due to “practice” is all I need to know. Frierson was an outstanding Striker, like prototypical Striker, in “game” last season, but we’ll start a huge liability in Carter (who I just watched for the 4th time out of position) over him b/c of practice. Smh.
I’m with you my bro. I’m hoping and praying they get this ish right at some point.

Advertisement
This is what happens when u over spend for a 1st yr HC who comes from a **** poor coaching tree.
The man almost gave me a heart attack in that NC game last year. He needs to go if he can win out with this talent and schedule. I’ve always been hopeful with golden and radio too because I want to win, but the window is short for these kids. It’s unfair to them.

The man almost gave me a heart attack in that NC game last year. He needs to go if he can win out with this talent and schedule. I’ve always been hopeful with golden and radio too because I want to win, but the window is short for these kids. It’s unfair to them.

Facts.

Manny, you had an opportunity this week to gain the fanbase back a little bit if we saw some younger guys playing more. Looks like you’ve blown it again. Time is ticking.

Advertisement
Back