Darion Hall gone?

He was a long shot to begin with. Fortunately, RB is one area where we are usually strong.

Advertisement
Junior Alexis, Corey King and Hunter Wells have not wowed anybody. Thurston Armbrister is the best of the bunch but the jury is still out.

King has some fans. He's strong and plays hard, could end up helping us. Alexis and Wells I don't expect much from. Armbrister is a specimen but needs to mature.

Armbrister reminds me of JoeJoeJoe Wylie a bit.

Looks the part, but probably should go play at McNeese State or something.

you guys thinking Hall was gonna be good must not have watched the spring game last year. now I know that is just one snapshot but the kid looked like a career backup. kinda reminds me of Derron Thomas but probably slower

Yeah, kid had no future after getting 8 carries for 51 yards in the spring game, twice being hit in the backfield while taking the handoff.

so hes officially off the team.........so what has really changed outside of him being an official bust and bot taking up a schollie anymore?

you guys thinking Hall was gonna be good must not have watched the spring game last year. now I know that is just one snapshot but the kid looked like a career backup. kinda reminds me of Derron Thomas but probably slower

Yeah, kid had no future after getting 8 carries for 51 yards in the spring game, twice being hit in the backfield while taking the handoff.

I said that it was only one small snapshot buddy. IMO the kid looked like a career backup. he didn't flash anything special that a #1 RB would have. he looked very average.

putting up some stats vs our terrible run defense at that time is not really proving anything either

Advertisement
Seriously, one spring game where he performed well isn't even a snapshot.

Quick, your thoughts on Willis McGahee entering his third season?
No, I'm not comparing him to Willis, so stop that line of thought already. I'm speaking to this fanbase's ability to write everyone off after 1 or 2 springs. It's ridiculous. Look at the guys this board (Grassy really, since we're new here) has wanted to run out of town on a rail recently.

Jake Wieclaw - Guy couldn't make an extra point according to our fanbase prior to last year. Completely wasted scholarship.
Tommy Streeter - Completely aloof. No ball skills. Doesn't care to be good, much less great.
Guys wore out Damien Berry until he got reps at RB, then everyone wanted him to start.
Hankerson got dogged until his junior season.

I apologize if I'm going over the top here, but Darion Hall is gone because he's self destructive, not because he lacks talent.

I understand your point. my point is that I am not the slightest bit worried about losing a 3rd year guy who hasn't done **** and has looked very average in the limited amount that we've seen him at a position that young guys (like Duke) can come in and have an impact right away. I want explosive RBs and I am quite sure that Hall is not that

Hall didn't look like a future stud in the limited time to see him, but looked like he could provide some solid depth at least. No guarantee Dilliard will be able to provide even that. RBs get hurt all the time. Always need a handful ready. Cause Hall got compared to Derron Thomas and if you remember he got extended run at one point cause of injuries. Even when it comes to practice reps. need that scout team RB making the defense work.

anyone know anything about the RB Hughes? Might need him this year.

Hall didn't look like a future stud in the limited time to see him, but looked like he could provide some solid depth at least. No guarantee Dilliard will be able to provide even that. RBs get hurt all the time. Always need a handful ready. Cause Hall got compared to Derron Thomas and if you remember he got extended run at one point cause of injuries. Even when it comes to practice reps. need that scout team RB making the defense work.

yeah, Derron Thomas got extended run in one of our worst periods as a program in 30+ years.

Advertisement

yeah, Derron Thomas got extended run in one of our worst periods as a program in 30+ years.

we're in that same period...and he only got real minutes cause 3/4 RBs were hurt. a rash of injuries at one spot can happen any year. last year it was DT-porter, forston n robinson all out most of the year. happened at DT Shannon's first year too. Joe Joseph went from 5th DT with zero playing time planned since he wasn't part of the rotation to being a starter with Courtney Harris and Vegas Franklin playing minutes as back up DTs along with back up DEs. We only had 3 DEs last year cause of those DT injuries after Ojomo got moved to DT. Wasn't sure why the coaches just didn't put Dye and Perry back at DL since we had so many injuries but that's their choice.

just at times you need guys who aren't great or even good to step in even if its just to eat some of the snaps so the good players can get a breather.

^^^yes but wouldn't it be nice if those players who are forced to play are actual UM caliber? I mean UM champ team caliber. it is a sign as to how bad the roster is when guys like that are playing (even if it is due to a rash of injuries)

Advertisement
Back