Damien Martinez: I came to Miami to prove that I'm the best

View as article

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator

If Cam Ward was the headliner of the winter Portal season, the prize of the spring was Oregon State RB Damien Martinez. The junior, who ran for 1,185 yards (6.1 ypc) and 9 TDs last season, gives Miami a true 230+ pound franchise back who can punish light boxes designed to stop Ward. Martinez joined the CanesInSight Podcast for his first interview since joining the Canes:

On his transition to Miami: It's been smooth. Getting ready to compete with the team and training. I...

Continue reading...

Advertisement
FSU and UF don’t have a runner like Martinez. If you want more difference-makers like this at Miami, please consider joining Canes Connection.

Click the link below and pick a plan. When you enter promo code “CIS” in the blue link titled “Add promotion Code” (right under “Subtotal”) you get 20% off your first month Canes Connection subscription. More importantly, you get access to a regular, private Zoom call with me on Thursday where I share information I can’t share publicly. This is in addition to the other member benefits Canes Connection provides.

https://www.canesconnection.com/membership

Can You Smell The Rock GIF by WWE

Advertisement
FSU and UF don’t have a runner like Martinez. If you want more difference-makers like this at Miami, please consider joining Canes Connection.

Click the link below and pick a plan. When you enter promo code “CIS” in the blue link titled “Add promotion Code” (right under “Subtotal”) you get 20% off your first month Canes Connection subscription. More importantly, you get access to a regular, private Zoom call with me on Thursday where I share information I can’t share publicly. This is in addition to the other member benefits Canes Connection provides.

https://www.canesconnection.com/membership
Do I get a refund if Barrow goes to Mizzou or...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yards after contact on deck.

If/when he turns those 3-4 yard rushes into 7-8, we're immediately in another stratosphere in terms of efficiency. And, we're not even factoring in the Cam Ward effect. Just occasionally turning rushes that went for 3-4 last year into a few more yards. Down and distance situations matter.

Advertisement
In my opinion, one of the biggest issues with our running game (out of many issues) is the consistency with which our running backs get brought down by a finger, or hand, shoelace. This has resulted in countless missed opportunities over the last decade or so.

We haven't had gamebreaking speed since Duke, but the ability to just stay up and keep running would single-handedly extend drives and get touchdowns instead of field goals.

I'm hopeful with Martinez that it will at least look better (despite Mario's idiotic scheme).

Advertisement
Back