Dallas Crawford to RB?

He put this on twitter later yesterday, so clearly there is some truth to it.. Maybe he'll be doing both? We need safeties in a bad way though..

@dtcrawford11
dallas crawford Wanna be like Brandon Boykin by my senior year!

@dtcrawford11
dallas crawford Can't wait to have the ball in my hands this year!!

Maybe me meant that he was going to be a ball hawk in the secondary this year.

Advertisement
He put this on twitter later yesterday, so clearly there is some truth to it.. Maybe he'll be doing both? We need safeties in a bad way though..

@dtcrawford11
dallas crawford Wanna be like Brandon Boykin by my senior year!

@dtcrawford11
dallas crawford Can't wait to have the ball in my hands this year!!

Maybe me meant that he was going to be a ball hawk in the secondary this year.

Or maybe he's gunna return kicks?

I don't understand this move it all. He's not even built like a RB. Duke is gonna need to be ready from day 1.

Please Lord, no spring injuries to the backfield.......

Don't like this move, not a big fan of switching players. I feel that these kids need to stick with one position and not move back and forth. Our safety depth is awful right now and Crawford could have helped a bit. Don't feel comfortable with highsmith and Rodgers backing up ray and Vaughn.

Advertisement
It's just for the spring. Get your panties out of a bunch ladies.

He might turn out to be an all-acc RB. Who knows. Get over it. If it doesn't work he'll be back at safety in the fall and you all can quit *****ing.

Guys to be fair. We have James, Clements, and Hall(Who I think is leaving any day now) at RB for the spring. So in all honesty we are not very deep at back either.

People were upset when Berry switched and that turned out pretty well

Guys to be fair. We have James, Clements, and Hall(Who I think is leaving any day now) at RB for the spring. So in all honesty we are not very deep at back either.

People were upset when Berry switched and that turned out pretty well

This.

It's also spring, we see this stuff all the time. Sheesh.

there isnt much 5'9 safeties running around.

Although he has the talent to do so...as he is a ball hawk....

dont mind the move too much....especially if he can leap frog HALL...which essentially will move him off the squad....If Hall is 4th on depth chart after spring...he needs to get his transcripts right..WITH Duke and crew coming in.

At Safety maybe Cornelius has his position down somewhat...i wasnt that mad with Highsmith's play he was surprisingly physical...

Kacey Rodgers needs to move to cb asap..after what i saw

Advertisement
I think the coaches just want to see what they have in crawford, so they want to give him some carries. If he struggles, back to safety, if he suceeds, well we have a new workhorse

there isnt much 5'9 safeties running around.

Although he has the talent to do so...as he is a ball hawk....

dont mind the move too much....especially if he can leap frog HALL...which essentially will move him off the squad....If Hall is 4th on depth chart after spring...he needs to get his transcripts right..WITH Duke and crew coming in.

At Safety maybe Cornelius has his position down somewhat...i wasnt that mad with Highsmith's play he was surprisingly physical...

Kacey Rodgers needs to move to cb asap..after what i saw

I can't see Hall being on the roster next fall. Golden never talks about him at all when talking about RB. Says we only have 4 RB including Duke and Dilliard, assuming he's talking about Clements and James.

Some thoughts:

* Dorian Hall did not redshirt in 2011, yet when we played Bethune Cookman, EVERY non-redshirt player saw the field, except Dorian Hall.

* Right now, Mike James is getting fullback reps. That leaves Clements as the only other back who will see tailback reps for the spring. Moving Crawford there might help. I would not expect Duke Johnson or Danny Dillard to be ready for much by September. If they are worthy, they will get worked in throughout the 2012 season. Dallas Crawford can fill the void nicely IMO.

Advertisement
Some thoughts:

* Dorian Hall did not redshirt in 2011, yet when we played Bethune Cookman, EVERY non-redshirt player saw the field, except Dorian Hall.

* Right now, Mike James is getting fullback reps. That leaves Clements as the only other back who will see tailback reps for the spring. Moving Crawford there might help. I would not expect Duke Johnson or Danny Dillard to be ready for much by September. If they are worthy, they will get worked in throughout the 2012 season. Dallas Crawford can fill the void nicely IMO.

If James is at FB now, Duke is getting major burn next year.

Crawford can play everywhere, though. If this doesn't work out, then it isn't the end of the world.

**** we would be alright if we at least had james white or bernard... **** randy you f**ked us big time...

Advertisement
Mike James will be on the field almost every play, either as FB or RB.

Lets just hope he cuts down on fumbles.

Advertisement
Back