Off-Topic Crime 2.0

Advertisement
Advertisement
1698928556794.png
1698927090341.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
Crime in the UK may or may not have gotten out of hand. It's going to take a lot of digging to find out.

Crime in the UK may or may not have gotten out of hand. It's going to take a lot of digging to find out.

I'm sure much has changed (for the worse) in the UK since I worked and lived there from 1985-88. But, that clip captured how the police acted back then.

Their primary mission was MUCH closer to helping little old ladies across the street than serving as any protective force against criminals. That was why they were not armed (only drawing weapons from their station armory when authorized, which was pretty much never).

If nothing else, it was charming to see. Like stepping back in time.

I'm sure much has changed (for the worse) in the UK since I worked and lived there from 1985-88. But, that clip captured how the police acted back then.

Their primary mission was MUCH closer to helping little old ladies across the street than serving as any protective force against criminals. That was why they were not armed (only drawing weapons from their station armory when authorized, which was pretty much never).

If nothing else, it was charming to see. Like stepping back in time.
I think the issue was the cops failure to accept the answer.

The only time I saw a cop in the UK in 97 was when a footballer was signing autographs and they were standing outside with automatic weapons.

Advertisement
I think the issue was the cops failure to accept the answer.

The only time I saw a cop in the UK in 97 was when a footballer was signing autographs and they were standing outside with automatic weapons.
I was focused on how POLITE the cop was. That was my experience (although I never got stopped by them). They really did see themselves as civil servants (emphasis on servants).

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back