Couple more confirmed on campus

Advertisement
Also, Jontavious Carter is on campus and is rooming with Gabe Terry.

Havent heard anything from D'Mauri Jones or JaWand Blue. Those are the only 2 I havent heard anything about yet

fwiw, these kids aren't "in" until first day of class rolls around. Seen too many kids in the past that have been "in", only to not have really made it in.

Advertisement
Jesus its going to be nice to start to have some balance in the roster. Of course we'll need 2 more classes to be closer to where we need to be, but ****, this class should make a huge diff.

:ohlord:...amazing how jacked up our roster has been in the past

fwiw, these kids aren't "in" until first day of class rolls around. Seen too many kids in the past that have been "in", only to not have really made it in.

Classes for the second summer session at UM began today, June 27.

I can only think of one concrete instance where a UM kid actually arrives on campus, gets his housing assignment, starts offseason drills and workouts with the other kids, and then is told that he can't play - Antonio Reynolds, DE from Ohio, back in the early 2000's under Coker. Maybe Grooms as well, although i cant recall the specifics of his situation.

Anyone have any other examples? Devin Hester?

I can only think of one concrete instance where a UM kid actually arrives on campus, gets his housing assignment, starts offseason drills and workouts with the other kids, and then is told that he can't play - Antonio Reynolds, DE from Ohio, back in the early 2000's under Coker. Maybe Grooms as well, although i cant recall the specifics of his situation.

Didn't that happen with Orlando Franklin?

Advertisement

Didn't that happen with Orlando Franklin?

Antonio Reynolds. He's gone the furthest in recent memory. But, there's been a slew of guys that were told late in August by the Clearinghouse - No dice.

irrelevant. Call me back when fall session starts.

Why? I did not think someone could be enrolled and taking classes until all the admission details had been confirmed. I had guessed that in the case of the athletes, the course fees and the money for the textbooks would have already been paid out of the money for the scholarship, so that these kids are already being funded. Why would the fall session be any more indicative than one of the summer ones?

Last edited:
Antonio Reynolds actually practiced a couple times before getting yanked.

Advertisement
Tyriq McCord ‏@AutobotMcCord1

Well twitter fam. On my way 2 tha 305. Refuse 2 be part of #TeamNoSLEEP but my pod is where its at rite now. Finna try and tap. Gudnite fam.

Da fuq he say????? Translation, please?

"Hello and good evening family of the internet variety. I am presently en route to the major metropolitan area of greater Miami/Dade county, a fruitful journey towards which I have exuberantly been looking forward for near a fortnight. It would be foolhardy a decision of any a gentleman in such a precarious situation as mine to forego my first evening's sleep in an effort to maintain social relations with those of you identifying ones selves a part of the league of extraordinarily nocturnal gentleman. Thankfully, I have the whims of an electronic siren to gently rap upon my ear drums as I fancifully lay my head to rest. I will try and do such so that my activities in the morning will be robust. Goodnight my ******."

I minored in ebonics.

Hilarious!

irrelevant. Call me back when fall session starts.

Why? I did not think someone could be enrolled and taking classes until all the admission details had been confirmed. I had guessed that in the case of the athletes, the course fees and the money for the textbooks would have already been paid out of the money for the scholarship, so that these kids are already being funded. Why would the fall session be any more indicative than one of the summer ones?

I gave up trying to understand this stuff years ago. I don't know the answer. All I know is that guys in the past have been given email addresses at the school, the whole nine yards, etc., and then yanked close to the start of the season.

Advertisement

Reynold's case seems to be similar to lots of others. He arrived in late July or else in August, began practicing with the team, but was rejected by the clearing house and never allowed to enroll or take classes. Just like Grooms and so many others. I did not think the matter of whether one practiced or not to was relevant. But it does not speak to the question of whether or not someone could enroll and start taking classes until all the admissions and eligibility questions had been definitively settled.

Advertisement
Back