Cooper Hammond

Advertisement
Some type of forearm strain I believe. I didn't see a specific timetable, only that we was near ready. Just get him healthy and that shores up this bullpen hugely especially with Cabezas and Bartow getting good experience. Come postseason time and you add in Lepore and we should be set up nicely.

Some type of forearm strain I believe. I didn't see a specific timetable, only that we was near ready. Just get him healthy and that shores up this bullpen hugely especially with Cabezas and Bartow getting good experience. Come postseason time and you add in Lepore and we should be set up nicely.

Pimentel and doing too bad either

This is huge assuming he can be his superb self sooner than later. Healthy Coop was one of 3-4 concerns I posted a few weeks back for us long term. In an effort to promote healthy discussion as someone who wants us to make a deep run- do you guys think our starters are legit postseason good? We may not have the UF top end studs or like a UCLA a few years back- postseason having just a super stud ace seemingly becomes more important. Thought Midtown was the closest we had til Saturday, Woody/Danny are solid just curious how others feel about what we will put out there when it is go time late May/June

Advertisement
We have a solid 3 starters and more importantly when Hammond returns we can turn to the middle staff to manage the game in an off night. Everybody has a bad day/night but Woodrey and Mediavilla have been pretty solid all season. Garcia has his moments and is getting better each outing. One thing we have this year that we didn't in previous, we can produce runs!!

I don't think our starters are anything to write home about, however, it is a strangely weak year in starting pitching in all of college baseball. Outside of UF, everyone has holes in their starting pitching. We came into the season knowing we would have a strong bullpen, then Cooper got hurt and things got dicey. But we've continued to win. We need to keep playing good defense.

I don't think our starters are anything to write home about, however, it is a strangely weak year in starting pitching in all of college baseball. Outside of UF, everyone has holes in their starting pitching. We came into the season knowing we would have a strong bullpen, then Cooper got hurt and things got dicey. But we've continued to win. We need to keep playing good defense.

First excuse for the post-season is now in place!!!!

Advertisement
The big difference between this year and last is the strong defense and patience at the plate. Ultimately will that be enough to compensate for losing a lot of offensive pop from last year and the mediocre starting rotation? Jury is out.

Not sure where there was any excuse given there but okay.

He thinks that common analysis and statements of fact are excuses.

To say that our starting pitching isn't great (or anything to write home about) is just true.

Like saying that Jagr has been dead wrong about pretty much everything he has said.

Just facts.

Advertisement
It's not an excuse today, it will be an excuse at the end of the season. I can just see it. "We just didn't have the pitching this year. But Jim was stellar."

Again that would just be a fact.

If we lose at some point it will probably be because our starting pitching didn't hold up. We've already seen a couple of examples of this (Virginia Tech and Duke). If that happens in a double elimination tournament we're out.

But I realize that the coaching staff (or just Jim Morris) will be blamed no matter what. It's all that goons like you know how to do.

It's not an excuse today, it will be an excuse at the end of the season. I can just see it. "We just didn't have the pitching this year. But Jim was stellar."

Again that would just be a fact.

If we lose at some point it will probably be because our starting pitching didn't hold up. We've already seen a couple of examples of this (Virginia Tech and Duke). If that happens in a double elimination tournament we're out.

But I realize that the coaching staff (or just Jim Morris) will be blamed no matter what. It's all that goons like you know how to do.

Right, because the pitching staff is random. The adults running the program have no control over who pitches for us. So when the pitching fails, of course we wouldn't blame any coaches.

Advertisement
Right, because the pitching staff is random. The adults running the program have no control over who pitches for us. So when the pitching fails, of course we wouldn't blame any coaches.

Mediavilla has been great this year. He had one miserable start last weekend.

Is that the coaches fault? Should we blame them? If he pitches great again the rest of the season and blows up in Omaha should we blame them? Is it their fault?

When a guy is great all year and then has one miserable start that is random.

You still haven't figured any of this stuff out.

Miami's defense in football failed? The goons blamed Golden and Donorfrio. Goons.

Golden and D'Onofrio were to blame. In football if you recruit good athletes and put them in the right scheme they will perform. They didn't do that nor did they have a track record that predicted it.

In baseball you could do all those things and still go 0-for-20. Or get blown up in a start (or two, or three).

In 22 years Jim Morris has won so much that you don't blame him when a pitcher has a bad start. His system and processes are proven. You're just incapable of seeing things like that and so you lash out when proven wrong.

Mediavilla has been great this year. He had one miserable start last weekend.

Is that the coaches fault? Should we blame them? If he pitches great again the rest of the season and blows up in Omaha should we blame them? Is it their fault?

When a guy is great all year and then has one miserable start that is random.

You still haven't figured any of this stuff out.

But you already said that it's a fact that our pitching staff isn't great. Don't give me some garbage about one start. You just said it five posts back. Our starting pitching isn't great. If our starting pitching is ordinary, whose responsibility is that?

Miami's defense in football failed? The goons blamed Golden and Donorfrio. Goons.

Golden and D'Onofrio were to blame. In football if you recruit good athletes and put them in the right scheme they will perform. They didn't do that nor did they have a track record that predicted it.

In baseball you could do all those things and still go 0-for-20. Or get blown up in a start (or two, or three).

In 22 years Jim Morris has won so much that you don't blame him when a pitcher has a bad start. His system and processes are proven. You're just incapable of seeing things like that and so you lash out when proven wrong.

"To say that our starting pitching isn't great (or anything to write home about) is just true."

Now you're so shook that you're rattling off some garbage about one start. This is too easy.

Advertisement
Back