Conference Realignment

Advertisement
Nobody knows shiit about what's going to happen with UM. They are talking out their collective asses about it all and guessing. They love to make statements that are impossible to verify, but posters on here gabble it up like candy. Especially that bag of crap who lied about having inside info and knowledge relating to USCs move- even before their own team knew. Or how he had some inside Intel about OU and TX. Dudes a huge facilitator of lies on here and MGMT gives that dude free reign to spread his BS.

Nobody knows shiit about what's going to happen with UM. They are talking out their collective asses about it all and guessing. They love to make statements that are impossible to verify, but posters on here gabble it up like candy. Especially that bag of crap who lied about having inside info and knowledge relating to USCs move- even before their own team knew. Or how he had some inside Intel about OU and TX. Dudes a huge facilitator of lies on here and MGMT gives that dude free rein to spread his BS.
What do you think will happen? What is your preferred course(s) of action for our beloved pro’grum?

Advertisement
What do you think will happen? What is your preferred course(s) of action for our beloved pro’grum?
I have no idea what will happen. I think the Miami admin thinks they are BIG material and only BIG material. Certain fans have this weird idea that UM has some fictitious cultural fit there. During Miami's true heyday- the program and school fit right into today's SEC. Now, with the program at an average level- it's a great fit for the BIG.

Miami should be setting it's sights on the SEC- and I hope we land there. But I don't see it happening. Conference moves are driven by sports and the nexus to sports- it's too bad Miami has forgotten that.

Big 10 is much more than athletics. That's why it's the focus.

It's all a moot point until next year anyway.
But all of this conference expansion/movement is related to sports and the revenue related mostly to football.

Fans literally couldn't care less about the other things- and a lot of those fans are graduates of the school.

The Miami admin has a holier than thou attitude about their place in the college community- and it's going to bite them in the ***.

Advertisement
But all of this conference expansion/movement is related to sports and the revenue related mostly to football.

Fans literally couldn't care less about the other things- and a lot of those fans are graduates of the school.

The Miami admin has a holier than thou attitude about their place in the college community- and it's going to bite them in the ***.
It's a school with a football team, not the other way around.

The SEC doesn't want us anyway.

And that is the attitude that turned the football program into a second rate team. No wonder the SEC doesn't want Miami in their conference.

And that is the attitude that turned the football program into a second rate team. No wonder the SEC doesn't want Miami in their conference.
Would you call LSU a top tier program?

If things in the ACC fall apart I'm really starting to think we'll end up in the Big12.....
I had a convo with someone about various angles and one that came up is recruiting grounds....
Obviously south Florida is one if not the most fertile recruiting ground in College Football so it would make sense to add Miami to help a conference "Lock Down" the area...
On the other side it would be advantageous to leave Miami out of the Big 2 (Big 10- SEC) and use the fact that Miami in now out of the picture thus telling recruits why play there if they aren't part of the 2 major superconferences.... If you're a big time SoFla recruit do you now go to the Big 2 and play in the "Big Boy" division or go to Miami and play in what will be an lower tier conference??
As it stands now the Big12 is making moves to remain relevant but let's be real when it's all said and done it will be the Big2 and everyone else...

Advertisement
If things in the ACC fall apart I'm really starting to think we'll end up in the Big12.....
I had a convo with someone about various angles and one that came up is recruiting grounds....
Obviously south Florida is one if not the most fertile recruiting ground in College Football so it would make sense to add Miami to help a conference "Lock Down" the area...
On the other side it would be advantageous to leave Miami out of the Big 2 (Big 10- SEC) and use the fact that Miami in now out of the picture thus telling recruits why play there if they aren't part of the 2 major superconferences.... If you're a big time SoFla recruit do you now go to the Big 2 and play in the "Big Boy" division or go to Miami and play in what will be an lower tier conference??
As it stands now the Big12 is making moves to remain relevant but let's be real when it's all said and done it will be the Big2 and everyone else...
Until we're in another conference, I'll still bet on Big 10.

It's about money, but not just football money.

I have no idea what will happen. I think the Miami admin thinks they are BIG material and only BIG material. Certain fans have this weird idea that UM has some fictitious cultural fit there. During Miami's true heyday- the program and school fit right into today's SEC. Now, with the program at an average level- it's a great fit for the BIG.

Miami should be setting it's sights on the SEC- and I hope we land there. But I don't see it happening. Conference moves are driven by sports and the nexus to sports- it's too bad Miami has forgotten that.
The B10 is much more aggressive and has superior media partners compared to ESPN. FOX/NBC/CBS have the ability to drive more prime time games to key viewing slots while ESPN is contemplating going possibly 100% to streaming within 4 years. B10 has the goal of a legit NATIONAL conference and the next addition is "the southern tier" with most likely 4-5 ACC programs over the next few years. It is entirely feasible that the expanded B10 will be THE most viewed college football games nationally and will eclipse the SEC for both viewers and then recruiting. All of that PLUS the federal research grant money that is awarded to B10 conference members makes it in my opinion the #1 choice by a long shot.

Until we're in another conference, I'll still bet on Big 10.

It's about money, but not just football money.
No doubt... again it was just a convo of potential angles... nothing more... I still hold hope that due to AAU status it would give us a leg up with the Big10.... I will say that if things do start to go awry with the ACC then whatever move we make will have to happen quickly... We can't just sit back and wait to see what FSU and Clemson do first.. We need to be aggressive if that's the move we're looking for...

Advertisement
The B10 is much more aggressive and has superior media partners compared to ESPN. FOX/NBC/CBS have the ability to drive more prime time games to key viewing slots while ESPN is contemplating going possibly 100% to streaming within 4 years. B10 has the goal of a legit NATIONAL conference and the next addition is "the southern tier" with most likely 4-5 ACC programs over the next few years. It is entirely feasible that the expanded B10 will be THE most viewed college football games nationally and will eclipse the SEC for both viewers and then recruiting. All of that PLUS the federal research grant money that is awarded to B10 conference members makes it in my opinion the #1 choice by a long shot.
The SEC is currently the best football conference and best overall conference for athletics. The SEC could only add FSU and Clemson and still reign supreme.

All the research money in the world won't change that.

Again- changing conf is almost entirely about athletics- and that's why the SEC is my choice.

Miami would have more than enough money if they landed there. The Big is one Big *** boring conference- no thanks.

And the Big will never surpass the SEC in recruiting. That's laughable.

The SEC is currently the best football conference and best overall conference for athletics. The SEC could only add FSU and Clemson and still reign supreme.

All the research money in the world won't change that.

Again- changing conf is almost entirely about athletics- and that's why the SEC is my choice.

Miami would have more than enough money if they landed there. The Big is one Big *** boring conference- no thanks.

And the Big will never surpass the SEC in recruiting. That's laughable.
Your opinion .... that's all it is. Big 10 with 3 solid media partners vs ESPN going to streaming heavily, USC / Oregon / Miami / UNC maybe FSU and Clemson ... both will be huge but the SEC will not be "the dominant conference" at all. More like parity.

Your opinion .... that's all it is. Big 10 with 3 solid media partners vs ESPN going to streaming heavily, USC / Oregon / Miami / UNC maybe FSU and Clemson ... both will be huge but the SEC will not be "the dominant conference" at all. More like parity.
Football rules the roost- the SEC will continue to the be the king when all this musical chairs crap stops. FSU and Clemson seals the fate for everybody else. It's painfully obvious those two want the SEC- and most likely the feelings mutual.

Miami needs to pull out all stops to land there.

We belong- geographically- into the SEC. We would ultimately get better road support there too.

Miami used to carry itself like a modern day SEC powerhouse- now we are just another ACC powder puff.

Eddie Murphy Shut Up GIF by Bounce

Advertisement
Back