MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

Advertisement
Renting from Ruiz ... just like the OB and Hard Rock. Managed by Ruiz is how I interpreted his "proposal" to build a stadium. Might be lower rent and a split of concession revenues (profits).

Wrong. I don't care how you interpreted things, we know you're just another Hard Rock Bro.

How many times does it need to be said. The Mas brothers want the development AROUND the soccer stadium and John Ruiz wants the development AROUND Tropical.

But, sure, just keep telling us that it's going to be EXACTLY how it's always been...man, if only we just kept listening to you and the rest of the "nothing will ever change" crowd...

Can’t wait to see Finebaum having to talk nice about us regularly

1657054271001.webp

Let me put it this way. As someone else said, whether we go SEC or B10, we’re the new kid, and it’s not like we were given some great treatment at the ACC. Even if we knew we were going to get ****ed, how, and when, we would still have to go, so it’s candidly irrelevant.

My big concern with the SEC in particular is we get in and they craft some rules to neuter our newfound recruiting benefactors. SEC schools have a much stronger recruiting presence in SFL (save Ohio State). It is to their benefit that we suck or cannot compete. That’s it. But again, we have to take the leap regardless of that coming to fruition or being realistic or not, because the alternative is guaranteed irrelevance.

If they neuter our ability to compete with NIL they are neutering their ability to compete with OSU, USC, MICH, and the rest of the B1G. You forgot that TAMU, TX, and TENN are big NIL schools, and frankly so are Bama and UGA though they try to hide it. Not happening.

Also, there is only so much they can do. They can't create rules that violate the constitution of the United States of America. If they could, the NCAA would have already done their bidding for them. The SCOTUS was unanimous.

As for being the new kid, we've been the new kid in the ACC for 20 years. At least now the refs will be better at their jobs.

Would be amazing for this 18 year nightmare in the ACC to be done and over with. SEC would be far more entertaining, I don't think some of you realize how many crappy teams are in the Big 10. Indiana, Rutgers, Maryland, Illinois, Northwestern, and Purdue? I mean I'll take the cash, but that might be just as boring as the ACC. Couldn't care less about the "academic fit".

Advertisement
Advertisement
I was on the B1G bandwagon but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense to join the SEC from a whole department standpoint. Miami doesn’t wrestle or play hockey at the level the B1G does, baseball by in large is an after thought in that conference. Football and basketball it may make sense but the grand scheme it doesn’t make a ton of sense.
To be fair, we don’t wrestle or play hockey at ANY level

Let me put it this way. As someone else said, whether we go SEC or B10, we’re the new kid, and it’s not like we were given some great treatment at the ACC. Even if we knew we were going to get ****ed, how, and when, we would still have to go, so it’s candidly irrelevant.

My big concern with the SEC in particular is we get in and they craft some rules to neuter our newfound recruiting benefactors. SEC schools have a much stronger recruiting presence in SFL (save Ohio State). It is to their benefit that we suck or cannot compete. That’s it. But again, we have to take the leap regardless of that coming to fruition or being realistic or not, because the alternative is guaranteed irrelevance.
I agree with the callout on them crafting rules but it wouldn't be to neuter any of the new members. I do fully expect SEC and B1G to eventually take over as the governing body (for football) over teams in their conference essentially foregoing any influence the NCAA has. This would include things around NIL, transfer portal, scholarship limits, coaching limits, etc.

If and when that happens I think you'll see some AD's with greater influence than others. So does Bama have a larger influence compared to FSU? Absolutely. But they're not going to go out there and implement a rule just to spite Miami.

But they would do something like increasing scholarship limits so the Bama's of the world can fill the roster with elite talent. Or increase the limitations on number of coaches so teams can add a coach or two to their staffs.

If they neuter our ability to compete with NIL they are neutering their ability to compete with OSU, USC, MICH, and the rest of the B1G. You forgot that TAMU, TX, and TENN are big NIL schools, and frankly so are Bama and UGA though they try to hide it. Not happening.

Also, there is only so much they can do. They can't create rules that violate the constitution of the United States of America. If they could, the NCAA would have already done their bidding for them. The SCOTUS was unanimous.

As for being the new kid, we've been the new kid in the ACC for 20 years. At least now the refs will be better at their jobs.
That’s valid, but you know it’s only a problem when Miami does it. At the end of the day, I hope we have a seat at the table, and the recruiting question is a two way street. We have seen recruits quote the SEC mantra, so that he knew less thing they can us against Mario since we would be playing the same brand of big boy football. I’m excited for us to hopefully play in Athens, Austin, etc. and eat and drink my way around the Southeast. Joe Tessitore won’t have a thing on me.

No reason to stay in the sinking ship we call the ACC. Cannot get left behind during this realignment. If you aren’t in the top 2 super conferences then you are a nobody. Does it make you feel good being the best team in an irrelevant conference if we stayed? Lol

Advertisement
I’m on record as being pro-B1G.

I don’t like the SEC. The SEC’s institutions, lack of academics, fans, history of bigotry, and sense of elitism are abhorrent. However, we are in an environment where it’s kill or be killed. We must make alliances with unexpected foes (Clemson), while distancing ourselves from historic rivals (F$U) to preserve our future.

The same can be said for joining the SEC (I shudder to write those letters) over the B1G. We may not like it. We may not share the same ideological or academic pursuits, but when it comes to our survival, we must adapt. Joining the SEC might very well be essential for our continued existence as a football power.
Academics aside, if you swap out history of sexual abuse for bigotry you’re left dealing with the same issues. I don’t care which of the two super conferences we end up just get us out of the incompetent ACC

Advertisement
Is the B1G trying to get Miami, Clemson, Oregon and ND? That’s the move I would make.
UM-ND to B1G (Pitt and VT might make the cut)....stick UM/ND/USC in the West Division and add Pitt/VT/UCLA to East division.

Clemson-FSU-UNC-Duke to SEC (Duke will be the SEC West version of Vanderbilt)

Advertisement
Back