MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

And I tend to agree with the poster who said the SEC would only be interested in UM to keep the B1G out of Florida . That's our value to them. We'd be the SECs c0ckblock.
No doubt.

You'll never see the Turds and Holes more united than in their combined effort to push Greg Sankey, school presidents and ESPN not to let Miami follow FSU and Clemson into the SEC.

ESPN is gonna have to hard sell Sankey that we need to be in included for viewership reasons

Advertisement
I don’t want to leave the ACC until we prove we can stay leaved of the ACC

😏
I get what you're saying. I seriously wish the ACC could have gotten its act together and become a destination conference for more football schools, but so far it doesn't seem like it

No doubt.

You'll never see the Turds and Holes more united than in their combined effort to push Greg Sankey, school presidents and ESPN not to let Miami follow FSU and Clemson into the SEC.

ESPN is gonna have to hard sell Sankey that we need to be in included for viewership reasons
With all due respect, how would Clemson and FSU have any say in this considering neither is in the SEC?

Neither of them is going to have bargaining power to say 'we aren't coming to the SEC if you let in Miami'. Sure Florida has some say and maybe they would get a more sympathetic ear than aTm did b/c they would likely be talking about adding 2 Florida schools (vs just Texas), but I don't see FSU or Clemson playing a role unless it is the SEC deciding they only want to take two and trying to determine which two they want.

With all due respect, how would Clemson and FSU have any say in this considering neither is in the SEC?

Neither of them is going to have bargaining power to say 'we aren't coming to the SEC if you let in Miami'. Sure Florida has some say and maybe they would get a more sympathetic ear than aTm did b/c they would likely be talking about adding 2 Florida schools (vs just Texas), but I don't see FSU or Clemson playing a role unless it is the SEC deciding they only want to take two and trying to determine which two they want.

Yeah, I probably didn't state it very well.

Miami's differences compared to the typical SEC school have been spelled out a million times.

I think UF would make a point to use those differenes against us — if not publicly, then in meetings with Sankey and other top officials.

I think FSU certainly wouldn't do anything whatsoever as far as putting in a good word about Miami, like what you would likely see if UNC and UVA were trying in tandem to get into the B1G or SEC or even conceivably Oregon and Washington trying to go to the B1G.

I'd expect FSU and Clemson to work together if need be

Yeah, I probably didn't state it very well.

Miami's differences compared to the typical SEC school have been spelled out a million times.

I think UF would make a point to use those differenes against us — if not publicly, then in meetings with Sankey and other top officials.

I think FSU certainly wouldn't do anything whatsoever as far as putting in a good word about Miami, like what you would likely see if UNC and UVA were trying in tandem to get into the B1G or SEC or even conceivably Oregon and Washington trying to go to the B1G.

I'd expect FSU and Clemson to work together if need be
Right I’m sure our ad has no good connections with….

Advertisement
This is exactly why realignment stopped. For now.

ACC was literally saved by the PO expansion and it’s mind-blowing the fact that Jim Phillips voted against it the first time.
They voted against it because they thought they had an "alliance" with the Big 10 and PAC 12 until the Big 10 said "psyche" and took USC and UCLA.

If this was the Miami of 2003, both the SEC and Big10 would be dying for Miami. Access to South Florida for players and the TV market, combined with adding a top 5 program would be too hard to give up. Obviously swap top 5 for top 40, and that's where we are today. We have made the investment though to move that needle sharply over the next few years.
Understand your reasoning, but please,, we're not close to top 40,,
Bottom 30 is more like it..

If FSU perceived value is at 15%, then Miami is gotta be at least 20 to 25% based off of share ratings average or whatever metric they’re looking at forget about local market even

Advertisement
A719B9C8-B50B-443D-8032-E0496679EE9C.jpeg

Advertisement
FSU trying to figure out a buy-out strategy from the ACC lol Y'all broke as ****. Good luck with that.
They are not trying to figure out anything, IMHO they think that kind of declaration will force the hand of the ACC for unequal revenue sharing.

Which is also in Miami's best interest and the only thing really obtainable by the conference's top dogs.

They are not trying to figure out anything, IMHO they think that kind of declaration will force the hand of the ACC for unequal revenue sharing.

Which is also in Miami's best interest and the only thing really obtainable by the conference's top dogs.
I agree with that point. Schools just need to get together and give a middle finger to the conference

Advertisement

why any conference would want FSU over Miami is mind-boggling to me....they are never talked about in the same breath as Miami...and for as bad as we have been for so long, people still talk about us

If FSU perceived value is at 15%, then Miami is gotta be at least 20 to 25% based off of share ratings average or whatever metric they’re looking at forget about local market even
Sheesh if we were that much I’d wish the refs would be more kind to us then lmao

Advertisement
Back