MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

Advertisement
Gonzaga hasn't had a football team since 1942. I realize they're a strong basketball school, but seeing as how football is the main driver behind conference realignment, this is an odd move for the B12.
Not at all, imho, because they would prevent the PAC 12 to poach Gonzaga (they were in talks).

Yormark clearly wants the PAC 12 to be dismantled in order to expand his conference into the pacific coast. The Gonzaga move would make the PAC 12 more and more weak (which is good for the Big XII).

Advertisement
Not at all, imho, because they would prevent the PAC 12 to poach Gonzaga (they were in talks).

Yormark clearly wants the PAC 12 to be dismantled in order to expand his conference into the pacific coast. The Gonzaga move would make the PAC 12 more and more weak (which is good for the Big XII).
I’m not sure how much basketball matters. If having top basketball schools makes a conference that much stronger then the ACC should be in a much better position.

They're a small school in the PNW. What value do they really bring to any conference except to increase the number of member institutions to a conference? I mean i suppose they have some of the seattle tv market for basketball, but any gains from adding them would be marginal i'd imagine. Seems to be any P5 conference adding the school would be overplaying their hand.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Likely top tier FCS schools, the 1AA playoffs gonna be less interesting when ND and a few others leave for A ball.

242E807E-3486-4773-9B15-BD3CA9904547.gif

Advertisement
Back