MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

If there were ever an "existential moment" for the Miami program, this is it. Winning "matters" for Miami, but it takes more than that. It takes the Administration making some bold moves. Perhaps they are. Or perhaps they are content to stay in the ACC. Perhaps they are content to take the B12 invitation if the ACC implodes. But reality is that ACC/B12 leftovers will just become the G8 "developmental league" for the P2. I would liken it to the NBA G-League or UFL Spring Football League. To me, that is unacceptable. But, I'm not on the Board of Trustees or in the Administration so maybe that is fine with them. I'd be a little surprised, given the amount of money that has been invested in the program, especially since Mario was hired away from Oregon. Like him or not, I don't think you invest $80 million in a coach just to be satisfied with playing in the future G8 conference. Perhaps I'm wrong.

Advertisement
THAT would be the scariest scenario ... "nothing has been discussed so far" ... would indicate a total lapse of interest and looking out for the financial and competitive future of the program. Taking FL Cane at his word, as he seems to be genuine and actually has some legit contacts inside the UM program, I expect that the scenario is a tad more proactive at least. Because once the P2 is more formalized, if you're not a part of it you will not be getting big games programmed or media air time that brings viewers.
My hypothetical wasn't "nothing has been discussed so far". It was nothing SERIOUS had been discussed so far - meaning some trial discussions have been had, but no guarantees given, no NDAs signed, just some generic groundwork.

I would agree Miami's leadership would be asleep at the wheel if they weren't doing anything and I don't think they are even incompetent enough to do that. My point is if the Big10 and/or SEC are hesitant in any way, why should Miami be aggressive about getting out of the ACC if they don't already have a home ready for them?

Wink Tea GIF by Dolly Parton

My hypothetical wasn't "nothing has been discussed so far". It was nothing SERIOUS had been discussed so far - meaning some trial discussions have been had, but no guarantees given, no NDAs signed, just some generic groundwork.

I would agree Miami's leadership would be asleep at the wheel if they weren't doing anything and I don't think they are even incompetent enough to do that. My point is if the Big10 and/or SEC are hesitant in any way, why should Miami be aggressive about getting out of the ACC if they don't already have a home ready for them?
I believe a spot in the B10 is something that can and has to be negotiated, ie, partial share for a few years, due to poor football performance over the past 20 years. The comments from Radakovich, although obviously for public consumption, seemed a little 'over the top' in support of the ACC as a "wonderful conference for now and long term". Since there IS a chance this conference can literally blow up, being proactive is necessary to have a shot at the B10, as we know the B12 wants Miami, but that isn't where we want to end up.

Advertisement
I believe a spot in the B10 is something that can and has to be negotiated, ie, partial share for a few years, due to poor football performance over the past 20 years. The comments from Radakovich, although obviously for public consumption, seemed a little 'over the top' in support of the ACC as a "wonderful conference for now and long term". Since there IS a chance this conference can literally blow up, being proactive is necessary to have a shot at the B10, as we know the B12 wants Miami, but that isn't where we want to end up.
My point is it takes 2 to negotiate. The B10 & SEC hold all the cards. It's like trying to ask the homecoming queen to prom - you can buy the most flowers, offer to take her to the most expensive dinner on prom night, and promise to go to the best After Prom party, but if she's not interested or wants to hold out for a better suitor, you're SOL.

Btw, how do we know the Big 12 wants Miami? We are inferring ALL of this, except for those who are "insiders" and they are all across the board in their insights on Miami's attractiveness.

Worth a read

Makes sense. So does that mean it doesn't really matter which of the P2 conferences Miami lands with, since it will become a super conference one way or the other, maybe like the AFC v NFC?

Remember when fsu was pounding the TABLE this time last year. “These things happens in silence. FSU is pushing AWAY the other conferences and looking STUPID.”

Looks like they WERE right. They had the confidence in THEIR PRODUCT. you have to be LOUD. not make STUPID COMMENTS like AD Rad admitting defeat.

What happened to our Clemson alliance our INSIDERS ASSURED given Rad’s connections to that university. Clemson is LOUD AND OUT IN FRONT TOO. clearly they’re showing the path FORWARD. Instead we’re hanging with our peers NC STATE and PITTSBURGH. Smdh. We need to force our BOD to give assurances ASAP. inaction is NOT AN OPTION

Advertisement
My point is it takes 2 to negotiate. The B10 & SEC hold all the cards. It's like trying to ask the homecoming queen to prom - you can buy the most flowers, offer to take her to the most expensive dinner on prom night, and promise to go to the best After Prom party, but if she's not interested or wants to hold out for a better suitor, you're SOL.

Btw, how do we know the Big 12 wants Miami? We are inferring ALL of this, except for those who are "insiders" and they are all across the board in their insights on Miami's attractiveness.
The B12 wants to expand that is a fact. They want to add the cream of the ACC, after FSU / Clemson leaves, if they can. The Miami brand is bigger than anything they have and they would grab the opportunity. Miami doesn't want to end up in the B12, which has no financial future. Miami needs to be in the B10 period, and I believe they will be there ... eventually. Timing is the issue.

You can say it all you want and we all HOPE that it means something. But Miami has given no indication publicly that they're anything but content in the ACC. With the history of poor leadership, especially in athletics, there's very little reason for any of us to believe they're handling this well.

If they would give us some kind of public indication that they want out, I'd have a lot more confidence

What I fear we'll hear after Mario underachieves again this season that they were betting on him having a great year and winning the ACC before making their move but that didn't happen and screwed everything up.

Goals and intentions don't mean anything if they don't have the leadership, vision, and resources to get it done.
We aren’t going anywhere. We are going to die in the ACC.

Remember when fsu was pounding the TABLE this time last year. “These things happens in silence. FSU is pushing AWAY the other conferences and looking STUPID.”

Looks like they WERE right. They had the confidence in THEIR PRODUCT. you have to be LOUD. not make STUPID COMMENTS like AD Rad admitting defeat.

What happened to our Clemson alliance our INSIDERS ASSURED given Rad’s connections to that university. Clemson is LOUD AND OUT IN FRONT TOO. clearly they’re showing the path FORWARD. Instead we’re hanging with our peers NC STATE and PITTSBURGH. Smdh. We need to force our BOD to give assurances ASAP. inaction is NOT AN OPTION
200.gif

Advertisement

1000001411.gif

Thanks man and all good but….

Josh pate- all the credibility in the world

College football addiction- fsu YouTube trolls side hustle college football overall clickbait account
That College Football Addiction guy....yeah, FSU troll...he can't help but flout his anti Miami bias in all his videos

Advertisement
Thanks. Saw it and couldn’t tell if bull**** or not
He is basically parroting what is being stated on the Warchant thread covering realignment. AND there is at least one guy there that does have some actual legit media contacts. He is the one that started the thread I believe almost 2 years ago. He is 100% confident that FSU will be announcing their departure prior to the August 15 announcement deadline this Summer. He states that they will definitely play in a new conference in 2025 and that everything is done on FSU's side but the announcement. The status of the law suit has nothing to do with their decision to announce. They are confident that they will leave WITH future media rights and the max they will pay to leave will be the ACC exit fee, as stated in the ACC bylaws. Clemson appears to be operating in a similar manner. SEEMS 90% probability that FSU is eventually joining the B10. Clemson from all I read is 50/50 to the B10.

Advertisement
Back