Coach Golden Deserves Patience

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted5896

Coach should get at least until the final whistle of the Duke game. He's had a very favorable schedule to make adjustments, and he still hasn't been able to show us a complete game. However, there have been some good moments (and certainly some that leaving us all bewildered), but at this point he is the Coach, so let's see what he can do. If he ***** the bed, I think Coach D should be let go after Duke. If it's a mediocre 8-9 win season, at the very minimum, I'd like to see a new DC, but would prefer a big splash signing. Al with new DC > Bama position coach

Advertisement
Has to beat fsu and get to acc championship . Year 5. Anything less at this point is unacceptable

Yes, patience.

skeleton.jpg

Coach should get at least until the final whistle of the Duke game. He's had a very favorable schedule to make adjustments, and he still hasn't been able to show us a complete game. However, there have been some good moments (and certainly some that leaving us all bewildered), but at this point he is the Coach, so let's see what he can do. If he ****s the bed, I think Coach D should be let go after Duke. If it's a mediocre 8-9 win season, at the very minimum, I'd like to see a new DC, but would prefer a big splash signing. Al with new DC > Bama position coach

Advertisement
For the 150,000 time, this is AL's DEFENSE . He's not firing any DC.

He is what he is , a corch who's days are numbered.

Coach should get at least until the final whistle of the Duke game. He's had a very favorable schedule to make adjustments, and he still hasn't been able to show us a complete game. However, there have been some good moments (and certainly some that leaving us all bewildered), but at this point he is the Coach, so let's see what he can do. If he ***** the bed, I think Coach D should be let go after Duke. If it's a mediocre 8-9 win season, at the very minimum, I'd like to see a new DC, but would prefer a big splash signing. Al with new DC > Bama position coach

Ehhh, already been accomplished four consecutive seasons

Last edited:
If he goes 5-0 in the next month then I'd be satisfied.... Win the rest of the games as well. Beating Fsu , Clemson is a must for me. We get by those two and we might really go undefeated in the regular season. Unc, va tech, ga tech don't look good and Duke has made leaps from what they were years ago.

Last edited:
We're in year 5 of a 10 year process. Sure, lots of successful coaches can come into a program and excel quickly, but Golden isn't trying for some quick fix. He wants to build the foundation of something truly great. Something akin to when he was a player at Penn State.

Did Joe Pa and his assistants believe in easy answers? Nope. They knew that true greatness came when you stripped yourself down and took the hard path, repeatedly. That's the type of thing that turns boys into men, and programs into dynasties.

Golden is all about doing this the right way, and, in his experience, the right way isn't about asking questions: questions like, why can't we beat any teams worth a ****, why the **** don't you fire an inept defensive coordinator, or, why is coach spending so much time in the locker room with those kids?

Advertisement
If he goes 5-0 in the next month then I'd be satisfied.... When the rest of the games as well. Beating Fsu , Clemson is a must for me. We get by those two and we might really go undefeated in the regular season. Unc, va tech, ga tech don't look good and Duke has made leaps from what they were years ago.

:monkey-serious:

If we can win 8 games this year that will be major improvement. I would be happy if we can give FSU and Clemson good games and be in it for the Coastal into November.

If we only win 7 or less, then I agree with OP. I think we should maybe get rid of Williams and/or D'Onofrio. We need to make a power move like that.

If Coach Al can beat FSU and get to 12-2 with an ACC and Bowl win, I'd still insist on firing No D, but I'd be okay with Golden staying. I have a feeling most posters would be too... Highly doubt it happens, but I could deal with 1 more year of Al if he can haul in a good class and bring a DC in here who knows how I utilize SoFla talent.

Advertisement
We're in year 5 of a 10 year process. Sure, lots of successful coaches can come into a program and excel quickly, but Golden isn't trying for some quick fix. He wants to build the foundation of something truly great. Something akin to when he was a player at Penn State.

Did Joe Pa and his assistants believe in easy answers? Nope. They knew that true greatness came when you stripped yourself down and took the hard path, repeatedly. That's the type of thing that turns boys into men, and programs into dynasties.

Golden is all about doing this the right way, and, in his experience, the right way isn't about asking questions: questions like, why can't we beat any teams worth a ****, why the **** don't you fire an inept defensive coordinator, or, why is coach spending so much time in the locker room with those kids?

Joe Pa was 8-2-1 in his second year and then had consecutive 11-0 seasons. The talent is here. We've seen flashes of what we're capable of, however we have a coach that is stubborn and refuses to change what doesn't work. Al isn't concerned with "doing things the right way" whatever that means. He's **** bent on proving that he's right. He can go do that somewhere else.

If Coach Al can beat FSU and get to 12-2 with an ACC and Bowl win, I'd still insist on firing No D, but I'd be okay with Golden staying. I have a feeling most posters would be too... Highly doubt it happens, but I could deal with 1 more year of Al if he can haul in a good class and bring a DC in here who knows how I utilize SoFla talent.

You should start a poll with this scenario and see the results of a yes or no asking would you be satisfied with Golden staying if he got rid of every assistance coach you disliked.

I think your prediction would be prove to be significantly wrong.

Advertisement
If he goes 5-0 in the next month then I'd be satisfied.... When the rest of the games as well. Beating Fsu , Clemson is a must for me. We get by those two and we might really go undefeated in the regular season. Unc, va tech, ga tech don't look good and Duke has made leaps from what they were years ago.

:monkey-serious:

I'm doing physics homework, I'm stressed out man smh... I was typing on my phone too fast

Patience was gone when Jalen Ramsey picked Kaaya off...for many other better gentlemen than me, long before that

Did you seriously start your post referring to Al Golden as "Coach"?

Are you 12? Fvck out of here you idiot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back