Clemson Violations

all that money clemson spends and they still get blowed out by WVU...

Well I feel the same way with Miami; we cheated and we still sucked. At least all of the other schools that are getting hit with violations were good (or better than they had been).

Cheated? Please.

There's legitimate, program-building cheating (see, Oregon, Auburn, Clem, SMU, etc), and then there's dumbass cheating.

Legitimate cheating gets you players you would not have gotten otherwise, and allows you to win when you wouldn't otherwise.

The dumbass activities of one rouge booster or employee do not even begin to approach the level of institutionalized cheating that truly changes programs. As such, it's hardly cheating, as to me cheating implies gaining an unfair advantage. Shapiro and Co, Free Shoes U, etc - that's merely breaking rules. Sure, you still get punished, but it's not cheating.

Advertisement

Well I feel the same way with Miami; we cheated and we still sucked. At least all of the other schools that are getting hit with violations were good (or better than they had been).

Do tell, what has Miami be convicted of?

Um... did you miss all of the suspensions earlier this year?

Um did you realize that 95% of those had nothing to do with getting recruits

Cheated? Please.

There's legitimate, program-building cheating (see, Oregon, Auburn, Clem, SMU, etc), and then there's dumbass cheating.

Legitimate cheating gets you players you would not have gotten otherwise, and allows you to win when you wouldn't otherwise.

The dumbass activities of one rouge booster or employee do not even begin to approach the level of institutionalized cheating that truly changes programs. As such, it's hardly cheating, as to me cheating implies gaining an unfair advantage. Shapiro and Co, Free Shoes U, etc - that's merely breaking rules. Sure, you still get punished, but it's not cheating.

+1....

Advertisement
Back