Chase Ford turning heads at East-West

Soon as CHASE goes ham in the league what will u say then...he is gone no longer playing for us support the dude....and the 4th and 1 does not even matter we did noting after that or before the game

GO CANES

It ****es me off that dudes will be mediocre at Miami but yet go on to have great careers in the career. Only player I can sit and root for since all the great ones left Miami is Jimmy Graham.

Advertisement
Soon as CHASE goes ham in the league what will u say then...he is gone no longer playing for us support the dude....and the 4th and 1 does not even matter we did noting after that or before the game

GO CANES

It ****es me off that dudes will be mediocre at Miami but yet go on to have great careers in the career. Only player I can sit and root for since all the great ones left Miami is Jimmy Graham.

Hank too. He stepped his game up for us his last two years.

Advertisement
Yes he was soft, not physical and a general non-factor in the running game. None of that can be denied. But here's what he has:
• NFL size, speed, athleticism
• He's from Miami; NFL people look at that
• A chance to raise his stock at combines, personal workouts and pro-days.

This kid is the prototype body wise and athleticism wise for the TE position in todays NFL. He does have a decent set of hands and somebody will take a flier on him, and if he balls, everybody on here will be talking him up for repping the "U". So instead of belaboring the obvious about his career here, why don't we support the kid and wish him well? Maybe another successful TE in the league will help give our sadsack TE recruting a much needed boost.

Chase's story seems like it will be another in a multi-year trend lately - low productivity guys here catch on after leaving to the league. THAT's the real issue. How, why, is that happening?

Chase's story seems like it will be another in a multi-year trend lately - low productivity guys here catch on after leaving to the league. THAT's the real issue. How, why, is that happening?

Obvious answers are obvious.

Advertisement
And let's be honest here; the last few years, the TE position has not been featured in this offense, whether its been Whipple or Fisch to this point. Jimmy G should have been even better then he was, but wasn't used creatively enough, like he is now. With all the questions at WR coming into this season, Walford and Cleveland need to be utilized. That's the best way to sell recruits on coming here; show them they can be impact players by using the guys you have, and IMO, we've got some good material to work with.

Meh. Chase is a practice player. He looked awesome two years ago at an open practice that season-ticket holders were invited to. Caught the ball well. Broke tackles, etc. I was really excited, and remember reporting same back on Grassy. Then, on come the game lights and the guy can't hold onto a pass.

Meh. Chase is a practice player. He looked awesome two years ago at an open practice that season-ticket holders were invited to. Caught the ball well. Broke tackles, etc. I was really excited, and remember reporting same back on Grassy. Then, on come the game lights and the guy can't hold onto a pass.

This was issue... Once the lights turned on he played scared and dropped everything... He did better this year... The kid is talented but he has to get over those nerves...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back