Change of perspective- Mario edition

Advertisement
I don't see dead people - but I often see trends.

When Captain Kirk, Bones, Spock, and Lieutenant Ricky would beam down to a planet - I somehow knew Lieutenant Ricky was going to have a bad day.

When I see three "up the middles" about fifty times a game . . . I get a bad feeling as to our success getting top receivers and top quarterbacks at the end of the season . . .

It's a gift.

So mixed emotions writing this.
I have been a Canes fan since 1991. Just like everyone else it is just one nut punch after another. GT loss just was sickening.

So I am changing my perspective and it I hope it will help me. As long as Mario is coach I am going to act like our season is recruiting. So tomorrow is our national championship game.

The games are like recruiting- don’t get too down and let it ruin my day if we lose.

Kidding- maybe- need another year to decide.
I’d say try being one since 1978, but that would make you old as dirt like me, and the 80s were pretty **** great as a Cane…so I’m just posting to see myself type apparently.

I’d say try being one since 1978, but that would make you old as dirt like me, and the 80s were pretty **** great as a Cane…so I’m just posting to see myself type apparently.
Since the 1960s here my man. Pretty late 60s was my first live game I remember. Hope we close well tomorrow and next season is much better. Am I asked for too much? 🤔 Go Canes 🏈

Advertisement
Since the 1960s here my man. Pretty late 60s was my first live game I remember. Hope we close well tomorrow and next season is much better. Am I asked for too much? 🤔 Go Canes 🏈
Love it man. My ole man told me about a lot of the 50s and 60s…sure, most of it forgettable…but would have loved to see the Mad Stork play in the orange and green.

People call stuff like “culcha” buzzwords and excuses…but how is that working out for USC right now?

Love the recruiting, the culture he’s building, and the investment in the program. Basically everything is B+ and higher for me…except his clock management and in game coaching. He needs to completely change how that is currently managed…his failures this year in that department go beyond the GT game

All I'll say is you win in the trenches, and looking at last year and this year, there aren't a lot of programs who brought in more talent than Mario in those areas. Additionally, he has significantly improved our RB depth from where it was and somehow brought in a solid WR class, even while missing on JJ. If we hit on QB in the portal, we fuccin!!!

Advertisement
Season 3 Neanderthal GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
Lmfao

1982 for me my friends….ive seen the u deed of story, the dynasty in 80s and early 80s the probation the rebuild and the 20 years of ****!
Time to get back on top and it will start in trenches and be completed when we get a **** Quarterback!!!!!

Well…”tomorrow” for once was indeed a good day. Just get a serviceable QB and we….well u know.

I agree with a lot of the posters here. Mario has had some classic screwups. However, his talent acquisition is terrific. Most anyone on here would have wagered a lot of $$$$ if you were to bet them we would finish with a top 5 class. I remember a long long time ago Jimmy Johnson said one of the hardest things he had to learn was to stay out of his coordinators way. Think Harbaugh at Michigan . . . his coordinators do what they were hired to do. He can sit at home and beat 2 top 10 teams. If Mario would just manage the team (attitude, toughness, talent acquisition, discipline), and let his coaches do their job . . . he can get us where we want to go. The great thing is . . . if he gets us there, the run can last a long long time. This is where Mario wants to be. I believe he will never leave for the NFL. Been a fan since Howard (RIP) was hired. Seen a lot of great times and a lot of bad. I'm rooting for him to succeed.

Advertisement
I don't see dead people - but I often see trends.

When Captain Kirk, Bones, Spock, and Lieutenant Ricky would beam down to a planet - I somehow knew Lieutenant Ricky was going to have a bad day.

When I see three "up the middles" about fifty times a game . . . I get a bad feeling as to our success getting top receivers and top quarterbacks at the end of the season . . .

It's a gift.
Redshirts always die.... 🤣🤣

Advertisement
Back