2024 CB Jamari Howard

Advertisement
Idk who their coaches are, but Westland, Goleman and Krop were pretty good last year & have some prospects
krop lost by 21+ to the 3 teams on their schedule tht were above jv level play.

Columbus beat em 54-0, Norland scored 56.

They did have a winning szn though...bt geesh those 3 play horrible schedules. they were in an independent league because they were tired of getting beaten by 30+ every week

Bigger school?! TF?! Wow! I think I understand what he’s tryna say, but wow…. **** I wanna say so much, but I don’t wanna pile on a kid. So I won’t pile on him. Some grown ups need to whisper in this kids ear in a hurry. Quick story….This is my first spring back at the High School level and this is what happened with one of my kids the other day. He’s a nice little, middle of the road, solid D2 kid (3-4 DE). Of course, He thinks he’s a bit better than he is 🙄. His hands and motor are his best attributes. I haven’t had any dealings with this kid before the last few weeks. Well anyways a small D2 school in Ohio came by to take a look at him last week … this lil ny99a gon say to the coach, “uhhh I ain’t never heard of y’all, what division y’all play in again”? “Yeah coach, I’m probably a day 1 starter for y’all school, fr fr. I’m honestly waiting on some of the bigger schools before I commit to anyone”. Lil ny99a was being a jerk. Condescending as fucc. So of course I lose my ****. When the coach left, I hit the youngin up…. “WTH is yo problem bruh? Don’t be like a that, man. Don’t **** ANYBODY off that may be thinking about giving yo *** an offer. It’s the free education that you’re after. Not the NFL or the big school offer that’s probably never gonna come. If that stuff comes, fine. But don’t bet the farm on it. Every school that comes by here is important, and should be treated as such. That man don came here from fuccin Ohio to see your ***, at least you can do is be appreciative of his time.” My point of this post is to say that the adults in these kids lives, need to give these kids some guidance and advice on what to or more importantly, what not, to say. Don’t wanna **** anyone off. Bama…Bigger school?! ,,,,,,,,🤦🏾‍♂️ (Sorry for the long post!)

This happens weekly.

Have a kid right now class of 2022...no offers. graduated early in december. Had A LOWER LEVEL FCS school on him around january ..pussyfooted because he NEVER heard of the school...feels hes to big for the div 2 hbcu that gave him a look in jacksonville. And has NOTHING....Yet think its scholarship money still out there or hes going to walk on at 1 of the 5 instate schools...to which he has sent an application to....1 of them.

Like what do you do with these types...but @KANE the recruiting cycle will HUMBLE him soon enough if he really doesnt get any offers and that school in Ohio has moved on.

This happens weekly.

Have a kid right now class of 2022...no offers. graduated early in december. Had A LOWER LEVEL FCS school on him around january ..pussyfooted because he NEVER heard of the school...feels hes to big for the div 2 hbcu that gave him a look in jacksonville. And has NOTHING....Yet think its scholarship money still out there or hes going to walk on at 1 of the 5 instate schools...to which he has sent an application to....1 of them.

Like what do you do with these types...but @KANE the recruiting cycle will HUMBLE him soon enough if he really doesnt get any offers and that school in Ohio has moved on.
Facts! It’s Exactly what I’m trying to get him to understandyou go to a school that wants you. A school that spent good money to come from Ohio to GA, to see your ***… They’re serious about you. You wait around too long, waiting for the “big boys” to drop an offer on you….you may end up holding nothing but yo dicc in yo hands on signing day. Especially when you not even a borderline P5 kid. These schools will move on in a heartbeat, if they sense you not interested.

Facts! It’s Exactly what I’m trying to get him to understandyou go to a school that wants you. A school that spent good money to come from Ohio to GA, to see your ***… They’re serious about you. You wait around too long, waiting for the “big boys” to drop an offer on you….you may end up holding nothing but yo dicc in yo hands on signing day. Especially when you not even a borderline P5 kid. These schools will move on in a heartbeat, if they sense you not interested.
That's what exactly what will happen and **** be blaming his coaches for not getting him offers.
I just got mad just seeing how you typed what was said

Advertisement
Bigger school?! TF?! Wow! I think I understand what he’s tryna say, but wow…. **** I wanna say so much, but I don’t wanna pile on a kid. So I won’t pile on him. Some grown ups need to whisper in this kids ear in a hurry. Quick story….This is my first spring back at the High School level and this is what happened with one of my kids the other day. He’s a nice little, middle of the road, solid D2 kid (3-4 DE). Of course, He thinks he’s a bit better than he is 🙄. His hands and motor are his best attributes. I haven’t had any dealings with this kid before the last few weeks. Well anyways a small D2 school in Ohio came by to take a look at him last week … this lil ny99a gon say to the coach, “uhhh I ain’t never heard of y’all, what division y’all play in again”? “Yeah coach, I’m probably a day 1 starter for y’all school, fr fr. I’m honestly waiting on some of the bigger schools before I commit to anyone”. Lil ny99a was being a jerk. Condescending as fucc. So of course I lose my ****. When the coach left, I hit the youngin up…. “WTH is yo problem bruh? Don’t be like a that, man. Don’t **** ANYBODY off that may be thinking about giving yo *** an offer. It’s the free education that you’re after. Not the NFL or the big school offer that’s probably never gonna come. If that stuff comes, fine. But don’t bet the farm on it. Every school that comes by here is important, and should be treated as such. That man don came here from fuccin Ohio to see your ***, at least you can do is be appreciative of his time.” My point of this post is to say that the adults in these kids lives, need to give these kids some guidance and advice on what to or more importantly, what not, to say. Don’t wanna **** anyone off. Bama…Bigger school?! ,,,,,,,,🤦🏾‍♂️ (Sorry for the long post!)
I’m glad you got on him. That type of behavior makes me sick. And we see it every year. They see it every year only for nsd to come and they are trying to commit last minute

This happens weekly.

Let’s not talk about walking on. These kids don’t realize that more than likely they won’t play if they walk on. Coaches are getting paid to have their scholarship players lose their position to a walk on. Plus you’re not in that level as a player

Imagine being mad at a kid for not thinking Miami is a upper echelon school when the people at Miami didn’t give a *** and let the football program be ran into the ***** dirt. We ain’t been **** for TWENTY YEARS…TWENTY YEARS and yall get mad when the kids down here don’t respect us lol why tf would they take us serious when we ain’t did **** when they were alive?? Yea WE could believe mario and others are gonna turn it around but we ain’t prove **** yet

Advertisement
I think that we read everything with orange and green tinted glasses (at least us as try fans do) and react accordingly. Therefore everything we see that doesn’t fit our perception is messed up. I ran into a former player yesterday and we chatted for a bit about the future. This guy expressed how small we have been at the line and that it is going to take years to get back to our previous normal. He said to temper expectations and that all of our portal guys were in the portal for a reason, so they aren’t necessarily plug and play. I appreciated his perspective on things as I don’t always dwell from a point of reality with our Canes.

I have the highest of hopes for our future and want nothing more than immediate gratification, but be thankful that we are still a brand to many out there and that we are getting our shot with the kids that want to speak with us right now. I was told how badly the prior administration was and was so inept at recruiting that we are needing to rebuild our reputation and that it doesn’t happen overnight. But it will happen and we are moving in the right direction and faster than we would have without Mario at the helm.

Let this kid say what he wants. He may regret his choice of words later in and this comment will not even matter by the time that he signs (remember Bissainthe throwing down the U, how did that end up?). We have a season ahead that is the most important in showing the improvement and turnaround that kids need to see to be comfortable coming here. At this point, beggars can’t be choosers. Let’s allow this season to play out and see the progress before we get **** bent on putting context to vague comments. As I said, we see things through our own lens (me especially) and hearing this from one of our own tied into the community was eye opening.

I’m glad you got on him. That type of behavior makes me sick. And we see it every year. They see it every year only for nsd to come and they are trying to commit last minute
The thing is man, these kids don’t know, what they don’t know. That’s where the adults in their lives should come in. They not necessarily trying to be asses, they’re just kids. For the most part, they all think that they can play D1 ball. They don’t quite understand that they’re levels to this ****. They don’t know the game, and for the most part, they parents don’t have a clue either. They mind is on the ultimate and mostly unrealistic (for 99% of us) goal (The NFL), And in their minds, the fastest way there are the schools they see on TV. The ADULTS should be trying to keep them on the tracks and getting them to understand that the REAL goal should be getting your education paid for. And going to a school where you can actually get on the field.

The thing is man, these kids don’t know, what they don’t know. That’s where the adults in their lives should come in. They not necessarily trying to be asses, they’re just kids. For the most part, they all think that they can play D1 ball. They don’t quite understand that they’re levels to this ****. They don’t know the game, and for the most part, they parents don’t have a clue either. They mind is on the ultimate and mostly unrealistic (for 99% of us) goal (The NFL), And in their minds, the fastest way there are the schools they see on TV. The ADULTS should be trying to keep them on the tracks and getting them to understand that the REAL goal should be getting your education paid for. And going to a school where you can actually get on the field.
💯 that’s the truth. And you’re right the adults aren’t keeping them on track. I’m on Twitter and I always see some Coach encouraging kids to consider D2, D3, & NAIA football but then it’s always someone to challenge the post and say “so you don’t want kids to pursue their dreams?” I’m like what is their dream? I thought it was a college education. Even if you want to go to the league you need to go to college. I remember when I was in college I had a friend who transferred from a D2 to try to play fbs at my school. After a year of not making the cut at tryouts he told me he made a mistake. He realized the majority of his tuition was taken care of and he had the opportunity to play the sport he loved for a few more years. After transferring, he lost both opportunities.

💯 that’s the truth. And you’re right the adults aren’t keeping them on track. I’m on Twitter and I always see some Coach encouraging kids to consider D2, D3, & NAIA football but then it’s always someone to challenge the post and say “so you don’t want kids to pursue their dreams?” I’m like what is their dream? I thought it was a college education. Even if you want to go to the league you need to go to college. I remember when I was in college I had a friend who transferred from a D2 to try to play fbs at my school. After a year of not making the cut at tryouts he told me he made a mistake. He realized the majority of his tuition was taken care of and he had the opportunity to play the sport he loved for a few more years. After transferring, he lost both opportunities.
was just at a walkon/juco/transfer portal camp at fau yesterday.

Lets just say its HUMBLING for most when the realization hits that even at a walk on camp there is levels. I could almost see it in the eyes of most as the camp began.

Also a recent um transfer portal player was there and even he wasnt a stand out guy that you would notice off the huff in a sea of transfer portal/juco/ walk on players.

Advertisement
was just at a walkon/juco/transfer portal camp at fau yesterday.

Lets just say its HUMBLING for most when the realization hits that even at a walk on camp there is levels. I could almost see it in the eyes of most as the camp began.

Also a recent um transfer portal player was there and even he wasnt a stand out guy that you would notice off the huff in a sea of transfer portal/juco/ walk on players.
Wow… Like you said it’s levels to it. Unfortunately, guys get humbled real quick from reality. Wow that was crazy. How many people were at the FAU walk on camp? By your estimate

Wow… Like you said it’s levels to it. Unfortunately, guys get humbled real quick from reality. Wow that was crazy. How many people were at the FAU walk on camp? By your estimate
Maybe 100-150+ overall at all positions.

There were transfer portal guys from Miami, Northern Iowa, Texas Tech, Ohio and likely other FCS, Div 2 guys as well that are likely from Florida.

Imagine being mad at a kid for not thinking Miami is a upper echelon school when the people at Miami didn’t give a *** and let the football program be ran into the ***** dirt. We ain’t been **** for TWENTY YEARS…TWENTY YEARS and yall get mad when the kids down here don’t respect us lol why tf would they take us serious when we ain’t did **** when they were alive?? Yea WE could believe mario and others are gonna turn it around but we ain’t prove **** yet
Texas, UGA, Ohio St, USC, Bama, Clemson all have periods when they were dog **** over a decade minimum, some much longer. That didn't change them from upper echelon. Miami is top 6 in players drafted the last 20 years, them same years we were dog ****. Recently had 2 first round draft picks in the same draft. You can count on your hands how many schools have had 2 first round picks in the same draft. Don't get it twisted.

Advertisement
Texas, UGA, Ohio St, USC, Bama, Clemson all have periods when they were dog **** over a decade minimum, some much longer. That didn't change them from upper echelon. Miami is top 6 in players drafted the last 20 years, them same years we were dog ****. Recently had 2 first round draft picks in the same draft. You can count on your hands how many schools have had 2 first round picks in the same draft. Don't get it twisted.
Us being top 6 in players drafted is because we are placed directly in the hot bed of nfl talent. It has zero to do with what the program has been as we’ve seen that from the on field stuff. And in the last 20 years 4 of those schools have a natty and multiple appearances, and probably double the successful seasons we have had. Texas and USC have seen their top kids leave to other schools too, they aren’t top echelon either and have to prove they are serious about football going forward just like we do.

Us being top 6 in players drafted is because we are placed directly in the hot bed of nfl talent. It has zero to do with what the program has been as we’ve seen that from the on field stuff. And in the last 20 years 4 of those schools have a natty and multiple appearances, and probably double the successful seasons we have had. Texas and USC have seen their top kids leave to other schools too, they aren’t top echelon either and have to prove they are serious about football going forward just like we do.
Dont matter how we got there. U cant look at school who steady producing NFL talent and talking bout u bigger and u a high school jit. F outa here with that. Don't care how long we been down. That shows what it really is if we been so bad yet still putting man in the league where u wanna be. Not having it.

Dont matter how we got there. U cant look at school who steady producing NFL talent and talking bout u bigger and u a high school jit. F outa here with that. Don't care how long we been down. That shows what it really is if we been so bad yet still putting man in the league where u wanna be. Not having it.
For every kid we put in the league we’ve wasted 3 other kids careers so foh with that **** we gotta prove we moving in the right direction consistently before kids look at us in the light yall delusional fans do

Advertisement
Back