Cavinder Twins (Update: they're back!)

Advertisement
Missed opportunity by Adidas…
Adidas has HVL, a superior player. Adidas has made it clear that they want to build their brand around the best student athletes. UA on the other hand is desperate as ****, they will throw money at anyone. Never mind the fact that the twins will be wearing Adidas gear ALL SEASON anyway, so it doesn’t really hurt the stripes.

Adidas has HVL, a superior player. Adidas has made it clear that they want to build their brand around the best student athletes. UA on the other hand is desperate as ****, they will throw money at anyone. Never mind the fact that the twins will be wearing Adidas gear ALL SEASON anyway, so it doesn’t really hurt the stripes.
They started with HVL when she was at an Adidas school. She'll play all year at her second Nike school. Adidas/Miami/Cavinder Twins partnership makes too much sense for Miami and Adidas, but nothing related to Miami and Adidas seems to make sense...

They started with HVL when she was at an Adidas school. She'll play all year at her second Nike school. Adidas/Miami/Cavinder Twins partnership makes too much sense for Miami and Adidas, but nothing related to Miami and Adidas seems to make sense...

Totally fair to hate adidas but they wrote the biggest check by a good margin and, honestly, there are few markets more suitable to adidas than Miami.

And Adidas gets free exposure on the Cavinder twins (through Miami) without having to outbid anyone… it’s actually smart for them imo.

Also I’m not sure the Cavinder twins really hit adidas’s target market.

Advertisement
Why is this titled they both decline to return for final year? Aren’t they both playing for us this season?

I get that this fanbase has this irrational dislike for Adidas, never mind how terribly we were treated by Nike at the end of the deal but come on. UA gave the twins this deal, not because of their basketball talent, but because of their SM presence and the fact that UA desperately needs eyeballs. Keep in mind, UA is more a lifestyle brand at this point, than sporting goods concern.

The Cavinder twins look good in the clothes, that’s all UA cares about. Adidas on the other hand has made it clear that they are serious about hoops and has made a commitment to serious players. Think about the players they have signed. The Cavinder twins would look out of place next to them. Never mind the fact that Adidas gets to use them for free, because they are Miami student athletes. Why pay someone for something you get for free anyway?

Advertisement
I get that this fanbase has this irrational dislike for Adidas, never mind how terribly we were treated by Nike at the end of the deal but come on. UA gave the twins this deal, not because of their basketball talent, but because of their SM presence and the fact that UA desperately needs eyeballs. Keep in mind, UA is more a lifestyle brand at this point, than sporting goods concern.

The Cavinder twins look good in the clothes, that’s all UA cares about. Adidas on the other hand has made it clear that they are serious about hoops and has made a commitment to serious players. Think about the players they have signed. The Cavinder twins would look out of place next to them. Never mind the fact that Adidas gets to use them for free, because they are Miami student athletes. Why pay someone for something you get for free anyway?

Cool. Other than that I don’t hate Adidas. I’ll take the Cavinder Twins over Adidas in your battle of our sponsor vs our players. In that 2022 Title IX class Adidas signed they were all Adidas schools, including Moriah Oliveira – Miami, track & field… Adidas now pays HVL to rep Nike…

I know Adidas is serious about being serious about serious athletes: https://www.adidas.com/us/blog/915507-15-female-studentathletes-sign-nil-agreements-with-adidas

SM is a big part of NIL, especially women’s sports… positive pub for the sisters = positive pub for the U

Last edited:
Cool. Other than that I don’t hate Adidas. I’ll take the Cavinder Twins over Adidas in your battle of our sponsor vs our players. In that 2022 Title IX class Adidas signed they were all Adidas schools, including Moriah Oliveira – Miami, track & field… Adidas now pays HVL to rep Nike…

I know Adidas is serious about being serious about serious athletes: https://www.adidas.com/us/blog/915507-15-female-studentathletes-sign-nil-agreements-with-adidas

SM is a big part of NIL, especially women’s sports… positive pub for the sisters = positive pub for the U
When HVL signed with Adidas, it was assumed she would sign with another Adidas school, ala UDub, her hometown school. She had played at Louisville before hitting the portal. That said, she signed with LSU and after that TCU. Keep in mind, she’s still featured heavily, mostly because she is a high end player.

SM if a big part of NIL but you also have to also have some element of being a legit player. Honestly, we are talking about one solid starting guard and a bench player. If they weren’t attractive twins, no one would really care. Honestly, if Miami is paying significant NIL money for the twins, I’d be livid.

Welcome back to the U, ladies.

cavinder-1-copy.jpeg

Totally fair to hate adidas but they wrote the biggest check by a good margin and, honestly, there are few markets more suitable to adidas than Miami.

And Adidas gets free exposure on the Cavinder twins (through Miami) without having to outbid anyone… it’s actually smart for them imo.

Also I’m not sure the Cavinder twins really hit adidas’s target market.

Horny dudes who think that wearing Yeezys will result in a similar (female) outcome?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back