Canyon Barry

Cribby

All-American
Premium
"College of Charleston's Canyon Barry (son of Rick) will transfer and play immediately. Lots of high-majors will be all over him."

Would y'all want ? He's a really good shooter , he lit us up earlier in the year .

Advertisement
"College of Charleston's Canyon Barry (son of Rick) will transfer and play immediately. Lots of high-majors will be all over him."

Would y'all want ? He's a really good shooter , he lit us up earlier in the year .

I've wanted him to transfer to Miami the last two years. It's where he belongs. Plus we could use him with the graduation of Mac. He wouldn't start but he is some solid depth without a doubt.

Do we have room?

This is already a large class, and if they are going after the Turk seriously then.

We lose 4 and pick up 5, still room for one more. I don't think James Palmer will transfer but you never know.

Advertisement
I'd take him or Neal. I would show someone the door and get a big man. We need an experienced big man more than a guard.

Last edited:
Unless someone transfers, our last scholarship should be used only on a grad transfer Center

This is very true. We need a proven big man first.

We shouldn't rely on some freshman and Suburu Isuzu for serious burn. Sure 1 or more could step up but we need someone proven at the position.

What's the status of our relationship with his dad? I know he was salty (when is he not?) that we either didn't interview him at all or give him a real interview when we had past openings. Then again I seem to remember that he was honored during halftime of a game or something recently too.

Advertisement
I'd take him in a heart beat. Excellent bloodlines, another experienced, ready-to-go player and pure shooters/scorers are hard to come by in the college game. But depending on how the coaching situation plays out, wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at Georgia Tech.

In my opinion if the staff feels positive about Omer Yurtseven then we need to wait on him. If not we need a post grad Center more than a guard/small forward regardless of a legacy or not.

I'd take him in a heart beat. Excellent bloodlines, another experienced, ready-to-go player and pure shooters/scorers are hard to come by in the college game. But depending on how the coaching situation plays out, wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at Georgia Tech.

He supposedly has a 4.0 GPA in one of the engineering majors and is looking to get a masters in one of the engineering programs or physics.....sounds like GT or VT may be good fits for him.

Advertisement
Is this year or next year the last year of the Haith scholarship reduction?

On a related note, I look forward to Tulsa being one and done in the NCAAT.

Advertisement
I would pass. We have a plethora of guards. If we're going to take a 5th year grad transfer, it needs to be a big man.

dat hair doe

JZHLLLIMFMSQUOV.20131221234400.webp

Advertisement
Back