Canes Woman face #17 Michigan

Remember when a bunch of people on this board wanted to put Coach L into retirement at the beginning of last year… not really related to your post but L’s story through the FBI investigation to today is one of the most inspiring stories of perseverance and belief that you can overcome even the worst and most unfair setbacks in life.

Katie is a solid coach I think - but definitely nowhere near L’s level.
I will confess to being one of those people — to a degree. I felt I was watching a man who had given up, and in hindsight I may very well have been yet still been wrong in my assessment on his future. I looked at the Rion Brown team (low on talent but without a doubt coached to overachievement) and compared them to the team I was watching and saw a coach who had just stopped trying.

In retrospect, I was undervaluing the impact the investigation and its penalties had on the program AND L personally. I forgot he was a human caught in a snare beyond his control.

Advertisement
I will confess to being one of those people — to a degree. I felt I was watching a man who had given up, and in hindsight I may very well have been yet still been wrong in my assessment on his future. I looked at the Rion Brown team (low on talent but without a doubt coached to overachievement) and compared them to the team I was watching and saw a coach who had just stopped trying.

In retrospect, I was undervaluing the impact the investigation and its penalties had on the program AND L personally. I forgot he was a human caught in a snare beyond his control.

I didn’t mean to call you out… my memory is that you might have questioned his viability but didn’t rail against him like many.

Anyway… the FBI situation was just the most god awful conflagration of awfulness… the depths of the damage it did were hard to comprehend. And the fact that Coach L was actually NOT cheating in a world of cheaters just made it all even worse.

L is not perfect (no one is) and he has made mistakes and will surely make some more mistakes… but I think he’s a hall of fame level coach who we’re so **** lucky to have.

I didn’t mean to call you out… my memory is that you might have questioned his viability but didn’t rail against him like many.

Anyway… the FBI situation was just the most god awful conflagration of awfulness… the depths of the damage it did were hard to comprehend. And the fact that Coach L was actually NOT cheating in a world of cheaters just made it all even worse.

L is not perfect (no one is) and he has made mistakes and will surely make some more mistakes… but I think he’s a hall of fame level coach who we’re so **** lucky to have.
No, you didn’t call me out, which I appreciate. But I need to raise my hand when I committed a foul, and with L I def did.

The Women's team always looks bad when playing against teams that have a height advantage. Katie does not seem to be able to recruit taller players. Her style of play works when they play teams with smaller line ups.

Staying off topic, I agree that the comeback is inspirational.
Whole situation is made more tragic by the fact that it can’t be addressed by L.
I wonder whether he will ever address it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back