Canes vs Providence 4pm ESPNEWS

Advertisement
Great win! What’s the scouting report on Maryland?
They’re an athletic team with good length, that shoots well from the floor, pretty much equal to us.

They have 9 players who are 6’5 & up, most of their 2 rotations are F/G’s who are in the 6’6- 6’9 range.

We have better ball movement than them we’re both pretty equal Defensively, but their edge is how aggressive they are when attacking the basket. They had a good 3pt shooting game against Saint Louis shooting 40%.

Donta Scott & Hakim Hart will be the tough matchups for us Defensively, Miller & Wooga will have to play sound on-ball Defense against those two.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I just really love Coach L. As a coach myself (baseball), he is one of the guys I really want to listen to. I’ve learned so much from him. Hands in, listen to the music, have fun playing with your friends. I really respect him.

He is a championship level coach. This is the best team he’s ever had. I’d love to see this group get him over the finish line. It’s going to be a really fun season.

I just really love Coach L. As a coach myself (baseball), he is one of the guys I really want to listen to. I’ve learned so much from him. Hands in, listen to the music, have fun playing with your friends. I really respect him.

He is a championship level coach. This is the best team he’s ever had. I’d love to see this group get him over the finish line. It’s going to be a really fun season.
Talent wise, 100%.

Advertisement
Great win today, in what was essentially a road game. Omier is an absolute beast! Miller didn’t shoot well but he’s just such an all around good player that he’s always a net positive even if his shot is off. Wong was awesome, Wooga and Joseph are both settling into their roles really nicely. Casey and Beverly gave solid minutes off the bench even if the stats don’t show much. Pack still doesn’t look 100% comfortable yet, I think it’s taking him some time to settle into his new role but he’ll get there.

What was most impressive about this win is how we dominated the glass. What a complete 180 vs previous years in terms of rebounding. Omier is the main difference, but some of our guards have improved in that area as well.

Advertisement
We’re a good team with very good depth; but that Maryland game is gonna be a tough one.

Idk if yall watched MD vs Saint Louis, but they are goood...

Donta Scott, Hakim Hart, Don Carey & Ian Martinez (coming off the bench) are gonna be a handful.
I live about 40 minutes from the Maryland campus and its hard to avoid the local DC area coverage on the Terps. Kevin Willard is a big upgrade over Mark Turgeon as HC, and he has them playing at a high level. So far, nobody has slowed their offense.

Coming into the season, most experts had them in the bottom third of the 14 team B1G. Donta Scott will be a big challenge for Omier, Hakim Hart is a prototypical, tough Philly Guard with size, and Jehmir Young is the third guy I'd worry about. Young, you may recall, was a big recruiting target of ours who ended up transferring from Charlotte to College Park. Carey, the transfer from Georgetown is a hot and cold shooter; hopefully he's cold today.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back