Canes v FAMU - 7pm - ACCN

Advertisement
If (1 for 7) Wong can get his shots to sink we got great chances. But he did have 7 assists tonight, feeding "babyfood" and more on some nice plays. Thats OK too.
I’m fairly certain both Wong & Pack will have bounce back games for Providence & play much better.

The thing about shooters like them is all it takes is to see 1 or 2 go in & then they heat up like usual.

Advertisement
We were Ice cold from 3 shooting just 23% until a couple of late 3’s from Casey & Joseph boosting it up to 30% which is still bad lol, but counterbalanced that with very good shooting from the floor at 53%. Also did very well from the stripe shooting 71% making 10/14.

Played terrific Defense with 15stls, 20 Defensive Boards, 5blks forcing 20 turnovers on the game.

Omier, Wooga, Miller & Joseph played great games picking up the slack where Wong & Pack weren’t their usual selves.

Norchad might be one of the most dominant Post players we’ve had here in a long long time & is doing so at just around 6’7-6’8 (maybe 6’9).

Bensley Joseph played very well off the bench in the 2nd half.

Also really liked what I saw from Casey & Watson, as the season progresses & they get further acclimated into the season I think both will be potential contributors against better non-conference & ACC opponents. We could legitimately be a 10-man deep team by tournament time, that kind of depth is invaluable.

What has stood out to me thus far through these first 3 games is we play with very good team ball movement on Offense; even when the 3 isn’t falling, guys are doing a very good job swinging the ball around & finding the open man & most importantly we have at least 5-7 guys who can legitimately create their own shot in ISO situations, which is huge. When you have a team that passes the ball well & can put it on the floor & get to the basket & get high % shots, it just makes it that much harder for Defenses to contend with.

Obviously, it’s early & we’re playing weak comp, but we’ve showed up & played hard every game & haven’t taken anybody lightly, that’s a great sign of a focused & hungry team that’s playing as though they have something to prove.

Can’t wait for the Providence game this Saturday, LFG!!!
How about that pass Omier makes in transition early in thew game. Not many PF in college are making that pass.

Advertisement
Miller, Omier, Wooga 25-34 from the field.

Happy Chris Pratt GIF by Parks and Recreation

Advertisement
Wooga and Joseph have improved a lot. Very encouraging. Beverly looks good enough to give us a really deep backcourt.
The 3 of them are making a difference as on ball perimeter defenders.

They’re making their biggest impact on Defense, while having good role player contributions on Offense which is exactly what we need.

Advertisement
It’s early but it looks like this past recruiting class was a home run. Only seen 3 of the 4 so far but they all look the part and are pretty skilled players. Every time I’ve seen Watson shoot a 3 he looks to have that stroke and he’s big.
Agreed. Was pretty eye opening seeing them on floor at same time last night. Looked more like a Duke Freshman class than a Miami one.

Not the same class but Robinson still looks like he has a long way to go. Next year will be critical for him because with L’s guards the writing is usually on the wall by year 3… id even say year 2 but I don’t think he will contribute at all this year.

Casey is such a natural shooter & you can tell he has a rhythm game that once he heats up he could easily drop 20+.
Might be a bit premature in judging Casey and Walker at this point. Walker has an unfortunate history of looking bad in a string of games and then coming up with a big one against top competition to get back in L's good graces. He has had 20 double figure scoring games, though, in the past two years, in fairly limited minutes in many games. Has also had games with a number of blocks as well (NC State last season comes to mind).

In the long run, I'm sure Casey will be the far better player. Just don't think that is necessarily now.

I definitely could be wrong but I don't think AJ was really rated as a natural shooter at Whitney Young. Lotta comments iirc about his outside shot being more of a "work in progress." Loved when he hit that first outside shot last night. Confidence builder.

I feel the same about Watson in terms of outside shooting in HS. That comment on the broadcast about how his S&C has come along so much was interesting and welcome to hear.

Last edited:
Might be a bit premature in judging Casey and Walker at this point. Walker has an unfortunate history of looking bad in a string of games and then coming up with a big one against top competition to get back in L's good graces. He has had 20 double figure scoring games, though, in the past two years, in fairly limited minutes in many games. Has also had games with a number of blocks as well (NC State last season comes to mind).

In the long run, I'm sure Casey will be the far better player. Just don't think that is necessarily now.

I definitely could be wrong but I don't think AJ wasn't really rated as a natural shooter at Whitney Young. Lotta comments iirc about his outside shot being more of a "work in progress." Loved when he hit that first outside shot last night. Confidence builder.

I feel the same about Watson in terms of outside shooting in HS. That comment on the broadcast about how his S&C has come along so much was interesting and welcome to hear.
AJ is a natural shooter IMO based on simply how he shoots, his release & motion are effortless.

He had more of an attack basket/above the rim style game in HS, but even in his highlights when you watch him take jumpers & shoot 3’s it was always smooth, even with his extended elbow arc-point he’s not laboring to get his shot off & he plays with great touch around the rim.

My comp for him in Restonp’s breakdown from earlier in the year was Josh Jackson (from Kansas).

He’s a kid that’s a scorer, he can shoot (well enough) from range or put the ball on the floor & get to the basket & would be an adequate enough Free Throw shooter. He’s clearly a talented prospect that would probably be logging starter minutes on another team, but that just speaks volumes to doing a good job recruiting. I think when you have a talent like him especially at his size with his game, you’ll find a way to get him on the floor in more than just mop-up duty.

Advertisement
Back