Canes Transfer Portal Tracker

Advertisement
Advertisement
Bumping this. Believe we’re at 84. I imagine we’re planning to add lore than 1 still. Dont we need more to enter the portal? And isn’t today the last day to enter?

Advertisement
Bumping this. Believe we’re at 84. I imagine we’re planning to add lore than 1 still. Dont we need more to enter the portal? And isn’t today the last day to enter?
Today is last day to submit paperwork for undergrad and tomorrow for grad. Can take 48 hours for schools to enter them into Portal.

Hoping couple more enter! Someone else also asked if all 10 incoming Freshman are definitely enrolling but didn’t see if anyone replied. N

Yes we are.
I think we plan on adding another CB, Possibly 2 DTs, 1 EDGE, and possibly another Safety. So up to 5 additions that can still happen, I'd say 3 Minimum will happen. That mean 2-4 will either enter the portal or finish their careers.

Zion Nelsons gotta be medically retired or portal out before summer imo. Michael Redding won't be pushed out - he just made Iron Arrow, and I'm sure is a guy the staff loves, and represents the school well, but he may just be done. Still has 2 years eligibility, and won't get any reps here likely.
We just saw Demetrius Freeney Portal out, I wouldn't be suprised to see Shemar Kirk and Anthony Campbell join him as similar developmental depth additions we made in the portal last year. If we add 2 DTs, I would be surprised to see Gore and Campbell stay. Only other guy that I'd expect to be out is Brian Balom. Looks like Chase Smith is happy just being a depth LB with athleticism... which imo is fine.

I'd also expect at least one Olineman to portal out, simply because they want to be more inline to start. Though We likely only have 2 spots on the OLine secured for next season, and should have open comp for 3 spots. And we only have 15 Olineman right now, which is not too crowded.

I refuse to believe we've been cutting spots while retaining Gore, Mccormick and Nelson to name a few. These grad transfer tweets can't hit fast enough.

Is there a rule that prevents NIL from being used as tuition? Maybe 5 or 6 of these guys stay but as "walk-ons" instead of going into the portal for ever.
I’ve thought about that before and I like the idea of using NIL like that.

Advertisement
I refuse to believe we've been cutting spots while retaining Gore, Mccormick and Nelson to name a few. These grad transfer tweets can't hit fast enough.
McCormick isn't leaving. Rather keep Gore than Anthony Campbell. Who cares if he's short if he's more proven to at least be capable of rotating in a few snaps a game. Campbell played in 1 game last year, Gore played in 12. Nelson 100%, idk how he hasn't medically retired or left yet. If he wants to stay on scholarship to finish his education, cool, but not an athletic scholarship. That makes 0 sense. Can't be out 3 years taking up a scholarship, that's crazy. Honestly all we probably need is 3 more spots for this season opened up.

I’ve thought about that before and I like the idea of using NIL like that.
They can't have visited I believe. And there may be some other specific rules regarding their recruitment that force them to count as an athletic scholarship.
The easiest way to use NIL instead of athletic 85 counter is for K/P I'd assume

Advertisement
Will be using this thread to update as portal movement becomes official.

Transfers OUT
Tyler Van Dyke
Don Chaney, Jr.
Jahfari Harvey
Corey Flagg
Frank Ladson
Dominic Mammarelli
Chantz Williams
Jaleel Skinner
Cyrus Moss
Colbie Young

Transfers IN
Can this post be updated? Why have this pinned if it’s not going to edited since December? I will hang up and listen

Advertisement
Back