Camron Buckley WR & TXA&M commit

Stuck with plan e players.

I can't wait to see the film of this mystery player and people say he's a beast lol

Advertisement
This is an absolute joke.

With all the quality WE in Fl and Ga. We end up with 1wr from NJ.

Missing out on all these guys is just unacceptable.

Only way to salvage this is to back up the brinks truck and drive Devonta Smith home in it when the dead period is over.

Advertisement
The only way to salvage the season is to whoop WV 44-10

We may not win that game but to me recruiting and wins and losses don't mean a **** thing. If we bash them he's still going there and this proves the she winning and they come is completely false

Buckley can play. Got hurt this year and didn't get to shine like he'd wanted - his QB got hurt and missed several games too. Because of those things, he's kind of like Wilder in that he got more press as an underclassman than he did as a senior. Had to get a cast on his hand and still managed to make plays. Here's a nice TD grab he made against Desoto:

Cameron Buckley's (Cedar Hill, TX) Videos | MaxPreps

I bet he tells us to pound sand unless Uncle Jesse has a lot of sway.

Advertisement
Buckley can play. Got hurt this year and didn't get to shine like he'd wanted - his QB got hurt and missed several games too. Because of those things, he's kind of like Wilder in that he got more press as an underclassman than he did as a senior. Had to get a cast on his hand and still managed to make plays. Here's a nice TD grab he made against Desoto:

Cameron Buckley's (Cedar Hill, TX) Videos | MaxPreps

I bet he tells us to pound sand unless Uncle Jesse has a lot of sway.

I'd take him. But as you pointed out, the ball's in his court now and it's likely he tells us what he thinks about us putting him as a plan B.

Great all of Butch's ****riders can come out and talk about the greatest coach in history of coaching

You ever consider the teams he put together for 2000, 2001, 2002?

Clappy was just a placeholder.

Curious as to what he's done recently. ****, why we're at it, why don't we kick the tires with Jimmy? He looks quite sprite for his age when I see him on Fox.

So laughable to see some posters talk about recruiting and how we haven't been relevant for so long. Then mention the teams that Butch put together 15 years ago. There's a reason he's coaching at FIU and not Bama, Clemson, LSU, USC, etc.... If he was such a high commodity, schools of the aforementioned tier would've hit him up. Some of you need to just let go. He's not ever going to coach here again.

Advertisement
Plan B Locally--is 6-1 and 182 at a camp 10 months ago--ran laser 40 4.55 back then
Carmoni Green - Hudl

Carmoni Green--Miami Central--local kid played against good competition and tested out at Nike 11 months ago with a rating over 100...4.56--40 which is pretty good for those camps as many kids refuse to runs for fear of a bad time. He also posted a 33.9 vertical and 4.27 (SS). As I have posted before stats showing good sprinters on track teams record times over 4.6 there . Was measured at 6-1./182 at the Nike back then. Now listed at 6-1/192 same size as Dingle but much faster.

March 6, 2016--Green, Carmoni ..17.. WR ..Miami Central FL... 6-1(ht)... 182(wt).. 4.56(40).. 4.27(SS).. 39(PB).. 33.9(vertical)... 102.75(SPARQ Score).

Carmoni Green - Hudl

Illinois commit presently--
Carmoni Green, Miami Central, Wide Receiver
----------------------------------------

Even Jerry Juedy who has sub 11.00--100m speed refused to run at the March Nike-
Jerry Juedy.. 17 ..WR Deerfield Beach FL.. 6-1(h).. 180(wt).. (no40).. 4.30(SS).. 42(PB).. 34.2(vert).

Mike Harley ran a 4.52--40 there and he is sub national elite at 100m--10.78 his best--
Harley, Mike.. 17.. WR.. St. Thomas Aquinas (FL).. FL.. 5-9 (ht)..155(wt).. 4.52 (40)..4.23 (SS)..33 o(PB)..34.3(vert)..93.09(SPARQ Score)

Last edited:
Guy does have decent size, good speed and has played against tough competition at Central and before that at BTW.

Advertisement
The staff never wanted Carmoni Green, he wasn't a take in their eyes...

I've been saying for the last few months we should've been on him, but it's too late now... He reaffirmed his commitment to Illinois.

Last edited:
The staff never wanted Carmoni Green, he wasn't a take in their eyes...

I've been saying for the last few months we should've been on him, but it's too late now... He reaffirmed his commitment to Illinois.

Kid as a 9th grader ran a 53.45-400m at BTW in his one meet there in the district championships. Pretty good time for a freshman. Seems like the staff is still getting its' "Sea Legs" in deciding on who to go after and deciding early. One example the Dingle situation as I mentioned this Green guy is about the same size, played in the same high level of competition, and is considerably faster. Now they have neither player.

Last edited:
Hopefully they can "snag" a good player before NSD from someone else and Mullins produces like he did in HS and was recruited to do so by all those top teams.

Advertisement
Back