Cam Ward named ACC QB of the Week

View as article

Trinton Breeze

Freshman
Premium
For the third time this year, Miami Hurricanes senior Cam Ward was selected as the ACC Quarterback of the Week, the league office announced Monday afternoon.

Ward continued his historic start to his Miami career, guiding the Hurricanes to a 38-34 comeback win over Virginia Tech in their ACC opener.

The 6-foot-2, 223-pound signal caller threw for 342 yards and four touchdowns, while adding 57 yards and a score on the ground Friday evening.

This post was originally from...

Continue reading...

Advertisement
Ah, the accolades…not that I’m expecting a NC or anything this year, but a gritty, successful season is all I want to see. It’s not a sin to expect that much after a succession of good recruiting classes and out-of-the-ballpark portal transfers. Now play.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Great recognition for Ward. Ward is still on pace to win ACC offensive player of the year, since he was the preseason pick for ACC offensive POY. However, Milroe passed Ward as the Heisman favorite with his performance against Georgia; but without Ward’s turnovers against VT, I think Ward would still be the Heisman favorite.

Its great for the program and Ward, but lets not forget he had 3 costly turnovers. Not sure I agree with ACC qb of the week due to the TOs.
Hold on.

We took Cam Ward knowing this was part of the package. This isn't new here and it won't be the last time we see it. The difference is, here, different than Wazzu and the Word, he's got a much better team around him that can help him overcome those plays.

You don't get the brilliance without things getting a little wild at times.

If he limits the turnovers and keeps ballin… no telling how many awards he walks away with.

Milroe is a RB playing QB. His accuracy is bad. He’s lucky Ryan Williams made 3 acrobatic catches bc they were bad throws.

Milroe is gonna rack up yards especially on the ground, but we’ll see how it all plays out.

Advertisement
Any chance he decides to run it back next year;)
Season 9 Smh GIF by The Office

Advertisement
Hold on.

We took Cam Ward knowing this was part of the package. This isn't new here and it won't be the last time we see it. The difference is, here, different than Wazzu and the Word, he's got a much better team around him that can help him overcome those plays.

You don't get the brilliance without things getting a little wild at times.
Your response implies I’m not happy with ward. My comment was only that the top qb in the league this week gave the ball away 3 times. I found that odd but maybe everyone played like ****

If he limits the turnovers and keeps ballin… no telling how many awards he walks away with.

Milroe is a RB playing QB. His accuracy is bad. He’s lucky Ryan Williams made 3 acrobatic catches bc they were bad throws.

Milroe is gonna rack up yards especially on the ground, but we’ll see how it all plays out.
Milroe just went 27/33 (82%) for 374yds against what many considered the best defense in the country until Saturday. Is his accuracy really "bad"?

Advertisement
Back