gauthier
st. louis
norton
mcintosh
perry
redwine
jackson
henley

Golden showed some restraint and didn't play Shirreffs, Gordinier, King, Fines, Patchan, Milo, Mahoney, Loftus, Knowles

You can't sit there and shirt these guys. They need GameDay experience... live bullets. Injuries happen and they gotta be ready to go. We will have plenty of garbage time this year, win or lose... they will get plenty of experience n be ready to ball next year. That's just how it goes. Next man up mentality.

Advertisement
I think a player can play in the first game and still get redshirted...I could be wrong

You are correct.

They just get "injured" wink wink. One of those loopholes the NCAA doesn't really ask about.

You don't burn a red shirt by just playing in one game.

"Players, especially in football, may redshirt to learn the team's play book since college teams run more complex and more plays generally than most high school teams. In other cases, a player may be granted a redshirt if he or she has participated in less than 10% of the season taking place in an academic year."

So there is still the potential for those listed in this thread to red shirt, but we're talking about Al Golden here so that chance flies out the window.

Still, go figure....a lot of people on the internet assuming facts since someone acted like they knew something.

Let me get this straight. Golden built up depth so we don't have to play freshmen (which is all I heard off season) and he's awesome because of it.

Now, he burns redshirts against Beth-Cook and it's a great thing because these guys really need in game experience and we no longer need to hang onto that extra year of eligibility?

Is there anything that Golden does that can't/won't be defended to the nth degree?

I think a player can play in the first game and still get redshirted...I could be wrong

You are correct.

They just get "injured" wink wink. One of those loopholes the NCAA doesn't really ask about.

"Players, especially in football, may redshirt to learn the team's play book since college teams run more complex and more plays generally than most high school teams. In other cases, a player may be granted a redshirt if he or she has participated in less than 10% of the season taking place in an academic year."

So there is still the potential for those listed in this thread to red shirt, but we're talking about Al Golden here so that chance flies out the window.

Still, go figure....a lot of people on the internet assuming facts since someone acted like they knew something.
What is the source of that quote, because it's wrong.

Advertisement
Pretty certain that whoever played on Saturday will be playing all season by design.

Some guys like Norton, McIntosh, Gauthier, St. Louis, Walton, Cager, Johnson will play a lot.

Others like Perry, Henley, Jackson, Redwine will play special teams.

This obviously means that Golden should be fired immediately.

Brett McMurphy
‏@McMurphyESPN
Most true freshmen to play in opening week: Georgia 19; Army 17; Syracuse, Tennessee & Texas 15; Clemson & USC 13; FSU 11

Yes you are incorrect, outside of injuries.

No he isnt. All of htose that played can still be shirted. I played and got shirted...my freshman year.

First 3 games....

Part of the reason those cupcakes get scheduled early.

When did that happen? The current rules won't allow that without a medical hardship waiver. The current rules have been in force for some time.

No he isnt. All of htose that played can still be shirted. I played and got shirted...my freshman year.

First 3 games....

When did that happen? The current rules won't allow that without a medical hardship waiver. The current rules have been in force for some time.

Advertisement

First 3 games....

The current rule has been in place since at least 2005. I don't know about earlier, but I think it goes back way farther than that. In any case, competition in even 1 play counts as a season of competition. So, unless the guys who played get injured in the next 3 game and can get a medical hardship waiver, they cannot redshirt this year.

NCAA D-1 rules (2015) 12.8.3 and 12.8.4

IF Golden managed personnel in the private sector like he manages personnel as a coach, he'd have been fired long, long ago.

If Folden did anything in the private sector the way he coaches he would have been fired a long, long time ago.

You are correct.

An automatic RS disappears the minute you play a single snap. So the player would need to suffer a season-ending injury to qualify for a medical RS as soon as he plays one snap.

And LOL at the guys claiming all you to do is say the guy was hurt. Are these the same guys who day UM has to be extra vigilant suspending AQM to appease the NCAA ? Yet they want to start falsifying season-ending injuries? If it was that easy then Armbrister would be on this team playing his senior season this year.

Advertisement

First 3 games....

You're wrong. You got a RS but it was only because your school scammed it through if your school was under the auspices of the NCAA.

burn it to the ground.jpg

Actually surprised he didn't burn em all. It's like hold 'em. He knows this is his last shot at either staying or more likely building up a resume - he's going ALL IN and ***** the future.

Last edited:
Advertisement

First 3 games....

Randy Shannon was doing this when he was here. Then the players would get a "season ending injury" and they'd get the shirt.

IF Golden managed personnel in the private sector like he manages personnel as a coach, he'd have been fired long, long ago.

Said by someone with zero experience as a college coach or managing college athletes.

I don't have to be an automotive metallurgical engineer to know the car won't start when the engine is missing and the hood is open.

I suppose your real name is URbAn Meyer.

Advertisement
Back