Brandon Washington

His JR film had to look relatively unimpressive. Some felt that his decision to go was one of the better ones.... I sure didn't. Think he could've been a monster at OG this year.

But you're assuming he would have had a chance to play at OG. While they may be doing okay, neither Bunche or Henderson are lighting it up. I say there's a very good chance he would have had to play OT again this year.

HOLD UP IS THIS CITYBOY?

Advertisement
His JR film had to look relatively unimpressive. Some felt that his decision to go was one of the better ones.... I sure didn't. Think he could've been a monster at OG this year.

But you're assuming he would have had a chance to play at OG. While they may be doing okay, neither Bunche or Henderson are lighting it up. I say there's a very good chance he would have had to play OT again this year.

THIS! The man did not want to play Tackle & prolly wasn't convinced he'd be a guard. Add in his family situation & I'm not mad at him. He'll be ok

I still think he'll be an NFL starter at OG for a long time.

+1
I think Philly is the perfect place for him... They have been complaining about getting tougher on the line... They led the league in rushing but I think they struggled when getting tough yardage... He wasnt a tackle... He had a lot of potential at guard and with the pressure to help provide for his family there were a lot to consider... Especially if we're expecting a rebuilding year... He went low but I dont think he expected to go in the 1st 2 rounds... maybe between 3-5 range... He slipped to the 6th which is a perfect fit for him...

Speculating...

I think he left because he was hurt - we didn't show him much love. Al called out his play at tackle, we lost a lot, and he was dealing with culture shock - total regime change. Every time I get a new boss, what a pain in the *** it is to deal with the changes. He can opt for the NFL.

Good luck to him.

He is in a very good situation with the Eagles - he will be coached by one of the all-time great OL Coaches in Howard Mudd and the Eagles have shown patience with their draft picks.

Advertisement
Had he not been forced to play tackle this year he would've been all-ACC at least IMO and would've gone in the first three rounds.

Advertisement
Back