Brandon Washington

Andrew

All American
Administrator
Surprised he hasn't gone yet. What do you think drove down his stock?

Advertisement
Depth at guard in the draft, film wasn't great this year at tackle.

Advertisement
Moving to tackle this year didnt help his stock at all imo. He had an average season at best this year playing tackle and that had to have hurt him

Advertisement
he along w/ most of our guys aren't as good as they think they are. playing out of position isn't the case. it's the potential and can the kid be coached up. scouts would've seen he was clearly out of position and the potential as a guard in the NFL. that flexibility to play guard and possibly tackle would've only helped. clearly he's avg at best in the pro's eyes

His JR film had to look relatively unimpressive. Some felt that his decision to go was one of the better ones.... I sure didn't. Think he could've been a monster at OG this year.

His JR film had to look relatively unimpressive. Some felt that his decision to go was one of the better ones.... I sure didn't. Think he could've been a monster at OG this year.

But you're assuming he would have had a chance to play at OG. While they may be doing okay, neither Bunche or Henderson are lighting it up. I say there's a very good chance he would have had to play OT again this year.

Advertisement
Plenty of scouting reports questioned his desire and projected that he'd fall to 5th round or later. The Pro Football Weekly draft guide said, "Urgency and intensity leave something to be desired. Has underachiever traits."

But you're assuming he would have had a chance to play at OG. While they may be doing okay, neither Bunche or Henderson are lighting it up. I say there's a very good chance he would have had to play OT again this year.

Washington would have been the OG if Bunche and Henderson didnt get hurt. I think he would have been pushed back inside if he would have come back.

Advertisement
Atrocious decision-making. Had he been moved back inside and given another year at Guard, he'd have been, at worst, a 3rd rounder type and, with a bigtime year, a high second rounder. Given the fact he would have shown the ability to play outside in spot duty, this was just bad timing and a bad decision.

It really goes to show the terrible decisions and mentalities of some of these 2008-2009 guys that helped bring our program to its knees.

Atrocious decision-making. Had he been moved back inside and given another year at Guard, he'd have been, at worst, a 3rd rounder type and, with a bigtime year, a high second rounder. Given the fact he would have shown the ability to play outside in spot duty, this was just bad timing and a bad decision.

It really goes to show the terrible decisions and mentalities of some of these 2008-2009 guys that helped bring our program to its knees.

I'm thinking the bold is part of the reason he left.

kid didnt want to play tackle..and likely was going to play another yr at tackle with kehoe coaching.

Add to it he his family isnt that well off..and all of his closest boys were declaring or leaving.....had he been on better footing with Kehoe/Golden he likely would of stayed.

but there was an absurd amount of interior prospects this yr...he should of studeied the draft...had he came back he would of likely been between a 3rd-5th at worst

Advertisement
Back