casualcane

Senior
Premium
Pass me another cupcake, next up is

Boston University...

img78l.webp

Last year 19-15 (11-7)
This year 3-3 (201 RPI)

I actually lived in Boston several thousand years ago and remember their campus. Still have a spot in my heart for all things Boston, but the Terriers are more of (another) speed bump before conference play takes off soon enough.

BU pretty much hasn't played anyone this year, other than a blow out loss to UConn. Picked to finish second in the Patriot League, a league known pretty much for Bucknell and a bunch of other teams, the Terriers lost a couple of standout scorers to graduation last year but will challenge for a top two or three finish.

BU features another guard heavy lineup full of bigger guards and smaller bigs who play hard (sounds familiar...). Returning are Coral Reef High product SR G Cedric Hankerson (12.8 ppg) and double double threat SR F Nick Havener (11.0 ppg and 6.4 rpg). All rookie team SO stretch F Tyler Scanlon (7.2 ppg) is 3 pt weapon and highly recruited Fr SF Walter Whyte (8.2 ppg) will contribute.

The Terriers don't particularly excel in any area, having been pretty much out rebounded in every game (UConn dropped a +20 on them) and are shooting a woeful 50% from the line (49-97).

This is one of those games we should win by 30 without trying.

gKvDqp1.webp

We roll.

Advertisement
The game is also on Fox Sports Florida and other regional sports networks around the country for those who don't want to stream.

Op-The BU campus is spread out through the city. Not a fan of the campus but go Canes!

Advertisement
Advertisement
For those working or out of the area it will be televised on the FOX SPORTS GO application. Enjoy

Extra FYI - For my particular market, it is being televised but does not reflect on the guide/info. Tried to stream on WatchESPN and got the "Blacked out in your area" message. It's on Fox Sports (the channel) if anyone else has this issue.

Waardenberg needs more strength training lol

Love what I've seen from Lykes & Walker though, those two give us really good depth this year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back