Blustein has Jaquan Johnson as No. 1 HS player in So. FL

I think Al has offered 1 or 2 of them. Meanwhile the entire top 10 from the state of new jersey has been offered.

Advertisement
The whole state sucks next year as far as DTs. Ryan Fines is the highest ranked in the state and he's only a 3* and is ranked #38 at the position.

http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/RecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&Position=DT

Not much in the trenches.

You aren't kidding. Only 1 DE, and no DTs or o-linemen. Makes Riley Gibbons bugging out sting that much worse. I don't even want to talk about DT at this point.

Last edited:
Burgess a little high Peete a little to low.

Also didn't Scarlett gain weight and regress in last year or so?

Advertisement
Leeward Brown is exactly what the doctor ordered. We finna get him...I'm fairly confident.

Bizarre to see two kids from Southwest in the top 31. That's got to be a first in decades.

But I'd say it's legit. I saw a few of their games. Sands and Pickett-White could abuse defenses when the opponent had similar talent level to Southwest. They got shut down in the second half by Coral Gables, and South Dade simply outmanned them to ridiculous degree. It looked like Canes vs. Savannah State.

Advertisement
The whole state sucks next year as far as DTs. Ryan Fines is the highest ranked in the state and he's only a 3* and is ranked #38 at the position.

http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/RecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&Position=DT

Not much in the trenches.

You aren't kidding. Only 1 DE, and no DTs or o-linemen. Makes Riley Gibbons bugging out sting that much worse. I don't even want to talk about DT at this point.

A late stud will emerge.

Look at Demetrius Jackson no stars to four stars. Some DL are going to be getting big jumps in rankings after the spring and summer camp circuits get finished. By September there will be four and 5 star DL emerging.

Why people respect Blu's opinion is beyond me. Guy. Is. Clueless.

I'll take DMoney's assessment over his any day.

Last edited:
After hearing that Yearby news, one has to be worried about Scarlett actually sticking it out with FAU. Wouldn't surprise me to see these kids committing to their HS coaches.

Advertisement
After hearing that Yearby news, one has to be worried about Scarlett actually sticking it out with FAU. Wouldn't surprise me to see these kids committing to their HS coaches.
He wont stick, not because its his HS coach but literally he will get destroyed as the only playmaker they have so he'll get worn out during his college career. Every coach in america will tell him this

Advertisement
Larry Blustein has Miami Killian S Jaquan Johnson as the top HS player in South Florida in 2015, with St. Thomas Aquinas RB Jordan Scarlett, American Heritage QB Torrance Gibson, Coconut Creek Monarch WR Calvin Ridley, and Coconut Creek Monarch S Shawn Burgess-Becker rounding out his top five.

Here's Blustein's pre-spring Top 20:

1. Jaquan Johnson, S, 5-11, 180, Miami Killian
2. Jordan Scarlett, RB, 5-11, 195, St. Thomas Aquinas. (FAU)
3. Torrance Gibson, QB, 6-4, 200, Plantation American Heritage
4. Calvin Ridley, WR, 6-2, 170, Coconut Creek Monarch
5. Shawn Burgess-Becker, S, 6-2, 190, Coconut Creek Monarch
6. Da’Vante Phillips, WR, 6-1, 180, Miami Central
7. Tarvarus McFadden, DB, 6-3, 195, Plantation American Heritage
8. Tyrek Cole, DB, 5-10, 165, Miramar. (FSU)
9. Tim Irvin, DB, 5-9, 190, Miami Westminster Christian
10. Kendrell McFadden, S, 6-3, 190, Miramar. (WEST VIRGINIA)
11. Calvin Brewton, S, 6-0, 170, Miami Central (FSU)
12. Jordan Cronkite, RB, 5-11, 190, Miami Westminster Christian
13. Gerald Robinson, DB, 5-11, 175, Hialeah Champagnat Catholic
14. Rashard Causey, DB, 6-0, 190, St. Thomas Aquinas
15. Dominic Sheppard, LB, 6-1, 217, Miami Gulliver Prep
16. Jason Strowbridge, DE, 6-4, 245, Deerfield Beach
17. Devante Peete, WR, 6-5, 198, St. Thomas Aquinas
18. Sh’mar Kilby-Lane, LB, 6-2, 220, Hallandale.
19. Jovon Durante, WR, 6-1, 175, Miami Northwestern (WEST VIRGINIA)
20. Davante Davis, DB/WR, 6-2, 180, Miami Booker T. Washington

Larry Blustein’s Pre-Spring 2015 Top 100 List: http://sfhighschoolsports.com/2014/02/larry-blusteins-pre-spring-2015-top-100-list/

looks like all SEC to me

man I want like 10 of the top 15

forreal tho we need like 8 or 9 of the top 15. lack of DLineman means we are going to need elite DB's and south florida is loaded. maybe we can nab some olinemen from the northeast

Advertisement
Back