Bleak Visions III

It's a simple pattern that was laughably predictable.

New coach gets hired, positive energy around the program, guy is a young exciting new face. Recruits hard, convinces kids to be the future.

After the first year, he does poorly on the field, but everyone gives a pass b/c "its the old coach's fault".

Second year, mild improvement, but a few kids start to see through the promises.

When the third year comes and you get dominated in the citrus bowl by a mediocre squad, after you **** the bed at the end of the season, kids don't buy in anymore, and it's easy for other schools to point to the lack of success. At that point, you are lost.

I hoped Golden was a program builder coach. I assumed bc he turned Temple around, and a few kids made the NFL, that he was a scouting and development guy at worst, who was great at convincing the kids he scouted to come.

In reality, he is an ELITE politician/recruiter. And that's great, but if you don't win, nobody buys the sales pitch, no matter how good it sounds. None of the kids he inherited vastly improved. The offensive and defensive numbers have mostly gotten worse, and the on field results are mirror images to the last failed joke coach. Miami doesn't have the flexibility to offer kids houses right now, so the recruiting will ALWAYS suffer if the program doesn't dramatically improve after a few seasons and kids aren't getting drafted.

In my recent posts I made it clear that Miami has succeeded when our coaches were great FOOTBALL minds, not just great recruiters. Miami wasn't built on "keeping the kids home". It was built on making beasts out of those extremely talented ones who chose to stay home through elite COACHING.

Advertisement
Typical looser post. If you don't like UM find another school. I can tell you are not an alumni. Good riddance.

Alum here.

Kill yourself.

182.gif

You post over and over how bad the university of miamis 9 win season, and mediocre d was. Knowing recruits, parents, coaches read. Then wonder why said recruits start doubting themselves.

Open your fuggin eyes.

Al Golden's track record, the nonsense with PSU before his statement, the nonsense with PSU after his statement, and the product on the field have way more to do with recruits' doubts than the interwebz do.

what ******* nonsense with Penn State is your dumb *** talking about? The ******* guy had his alma mater, that has deep pockets, come knocking on his door! WTF did you expect? EVERYONE here knew they would come knocking at some point and that he would want to listen to what they had to say! You, me and everyone here would do the same!

You post over and over how bad the university of miamis 9 win season, and mediocre d was. Knowing recruits, parents, coaches read. Then wonder why said recruits start doubting themselves.

Open your fuggin eyes.

Al Golden's track record, the nonsense with PSU before his statement, the nonsense with PSU after his statement, and the product on the field have way more to do with recruits' doubts than the interwebz do.

Yep. Ask teddy bridgewater possible # 1 pick in the draft.

Advertisement

Open your fuggin eyes.

what ******* nonsense with Penn State is your dumb *** talking about? The ******* guy had his alma mater, that has deep pockets, come knocking on his door! WTF did you expect? EVERYONE here knew they would come knocking at some point and that he would want to listen to what they had to say! You, me and everyone here would do the same!

He didn't have to listen. He could have said thanks, but no thanks immediately.

You know, like Jim Mora did with Texas or like Kevin Sumlin did with the NFL.

The ******* went dark for 3 days and let negative things fester in the recruiting world. Had he come out immediately and nipped the rumors in the bud Valentine would probably still be a Cane right now. Recruits were tweeting (Kayaa I saw) asking what was going on. They had no idea if he was leaving or not and that was all on him.

How do you not get this?

New coach gets hired, positive energy around the program, guy is a young exciting new face. Recruits hard, convinces kids to be the future.

After the first year, he does poorly on the field, but everyone gives a pass b/c "its the old coach's fault".

Second year, mild improvement, but a few kids start to see through the promises.

When the third year comes and you get dominated in the citrus bowl by a mediocre squad, after you **** the bed at the end of the season, kids don't buy in anymore, and it's easy for other schools to point to the lack of success. At that point, you are lost.

I hoped Golden was a program builder coach. I assumed bc he turned Temple around, and a few kids made the NFL, that he was a scouting and development guy at worst, who was great at convincing the kids he scouted to come.

In reality, he is an ELITE politician/recruiter. And that's great, but if you don't win, nobody buys the sales pitch, no matter how good it sounds. None of the kids he inherited vastly improved. The offensive and defensive numbers have mostly gotten worse, and the on field results are mirror images to the last failed joke coach. Miami doesn't have the flexibility to offer kids houses right now, so the recruiting will ALWAYS suffer if the program doesn't dramatically improve after a few seasons and kids aren't getting drafted.

In my recent posts I made it clear that Miami has succeeded when our coaches were great FOOTBALL minds, not just great recruiters. Miami wasn't built on "keeping the kids home". It was built on making beasts out of those extremely talented ones who chose to stay home through elite COACHING.

Cause Butch and Coker were great FOOTBALL minds that gave elite COACHING?

Advertisement

Open your fuggin eyes.

what ****ing nonsense with Penn State is your dumb *** talking about? The ****ing guy had his alma mater, that has deep pockets, come knocking on his door! WTF did you expect? EVERYONE here knew they would come knocking at some point and that he would want to listen to what they had to say! You, me and everyone here would do the same!

The ******* went dark for 3 days and let negative things fester in the recruiting world. Had he come out immediately and nipped the rumors in the bud Valentine would probably still be a Cane right now. Recruits were tweeting (Kayaa I saw) asking what was going on. They had no idea if he was leaving or not and that was all on him.

How do you not get this?

I get it. I just refuse to keep posting it over and over. Honestly, to me it is not about golden. It is about u of m.

People were wondering why Golden looked and sounded so defeated when he resurfaced this week and most thought it was not getting the Penn ST job but Golden been the used car salesman he is would have put a spin on that and come out energetic and kept on selling but I'm thinking now the reason he was so down is there must be a lot of negative stuff going on behind the scene with recruiting.Recruits not responding to him like before, Assistant coaches upset as they lose recruits.With 3 weeks still to NSD we better put the seat belt on it's going to be a rough ride to the finish line.

Open your fuggin eyes.

what ****ing nonsense with Penn State is your dumb *** talking about? The ****ing guy had his alma mater, that has deep pockets, come knocking on his door! WTF did you expect? EVERYONE here knew they would come knocking at some point and that he would want to listen to what they had to say! You, me and everyone here would do the same!

How do you not get this?

get outta here with that. Golden had been attending camps at Penn State since he was in 9th grade, played there 4years- was the team captain, and later returned to coach LBs there.. We all new this day would come and he would listen when it did. We would all do the same, whether or not we wanted to leave, or just try to work a raise.

People were wondering why Golden looked and sounded so defeated when he resurfaced this week and most thought it was not getting the Penn ST job but Golden been the used car salesman he is would have put a spin on that and come out energetic and kept on selling but I'm thinking now the reason he was so down is there must be a lot of negative stuff going on behind the scene with recruiting.Recruits not responding to him like before, Assistant coaches upset as they lose recruits.With 3 weeks still to NSD we better put the seat belt on it's going to be a rough ride to the finish line.

Recruits, their parents, their mentors and their coaches all see through Golden's bull**** now for exactly what it is. Bull****!

The **** he was selling a couple years ago doesn't fly anymore after his product on the field has looked so terrible. His smooth talking doesn't mean anything anymore after Louisville and Duke mopped the floor with his sweaty-****ied ***.

Advertisement

Open your fuggin eyes.

How do you not get this?

get outta here with that. Golden had been attending camps at Penn State since he was in 9th grade, played there 4years- was the team captain, and later returned to coach LBs there.. We all new this day would come and he would listen when it did. We would all do the same, whether or not we wanted to leave, or just try to work a raise.
He didn't have to listen. He could have told them he's honored, but he's building something here and wants to see it through. Instead he went dark for three days and that's all it took for the negative rumors to spread. I get that it was his alma mater, but he could have respectfully told them no and he didn't need to wait 3 days.

Instead he issues some half-assed statement after the weekend and the damage is already done. He could have turnedd them down without being disrespectful.

Cause Butch and Coker were great FOOTBALL minds that gave elite COACHING?

Legit question: are you mentally retarded? Repeat this to yourself until you understand: BUTCH DAVIS WAS A SUPERBOWL WINNING DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR.

The guy gets hired after the program comes apart at the seems, and unlike golden is ACTUALLY DOCKED SCHOLARSHIPS, and it takes him 5 years to build the greatest team in NCAA history. His first year, before the effects of those massive sanctions, the guy went 8-3, with all those losses on the road, one of which was to the NUMBER ONE FSU squad. The other two were UCLA and VT. They won seven in a row to end the season, were 6-1 in conference. His second year he went 9-3 and won a bowl game. The man was a part of a national championship college staff and a superbowl staff. His credentials take a massive dump on Al Golden's.

You do realize there is a difference between coaching and coordinating/scheme, right? Butch was an ELITE coach b/c he could develop like none other.

Recruits, their parents, their mentors and their coaches all see through Golden's bull**** now for exactly what it is. Bull****!

The **** he was selling a couple years ago doesn't fly anymore after his product on the field has looked so terrible. His smooth talking doesn't mean anything anymore after Louisville and Duke mopped the floor with his sweaty-****ied ***.

Lol. Did you donate to the thanks golden banner? Lololllllll. Fickle fanbase. Is this whAt and how a wiger acts? Maybe rok can tell me. Y'all weak. Lololloooooooooollllllll

Advertisement
I wonder why we didn't lose the guys whose commitment wasn't a dog and pony show. The guys like you know, Berrios, Darling, McDermott, Harris, Young, Owens, etc...Stop giving these attention freaks 24/7 a** kissing and promote more of the true solid commitments. Give props to those that handle there business like a man, lol!

The class is strong, very strong. Even without Valentine, Powell, and Bethel its **** good talent wise.

But a real recruiter would have cleaned the **** up.

I like this class with or without you Vern. I also know this is the BEST class since 08. I think you might want to "croot" your uncle luke garbage on your home site. http://floridastate.rivals.com "If" you are a Cane, you might want to help, not bash. Guessing you like some, roll with the dollars, not the colors. I'm betting, you know some people that like Golden and more that don't. Good for []_[]. FWIW

Advertisement
Back