benji to start for the browns? yet another wasted talent

benjamin was **** good, only a knucklehead would think otherwise. they prolly just remember his punt return ability. but i think he could be a good kickoff returner in the L because he's more of a one cut and gone guy.

Advertisement
Benjamin last year was a huge improvement over previous years even though he didnt have huge numbers. He played a lot tougher than the deep threat only guy he used to be. I think McDonald was a huge factor.

On a team with no weapons he will definitely make some noise with the Browns.

TB seemed to do better under Whipple. It seemed to me like he was more involved.

Yeah, but IMHO that's the offense they want to run here, one that won't be suited for the speedy WR's.It even shows in their recruiting recently where they have nothing but big possession receivers to aid a run heavy scheme. It was also evident in the play calling last year. Yeah they took some shots down field but mainly on 9's to Streeter or fades into the endzone and half of the time those fades were to Walford.

In the last 2+ season we have recruited/signed:

Scott
Dorsett
AJL (prep)
Waters
Jones
Carter
Lewis
Lockhart
Whitfield (recently de-committed)

Hardly any of those guys fit your big possession receiver mold.

Advertisement
TB seemed to do better under Whipple. It seemed to me like he was more involved.

Yeah, but IMHO that's the offense they want to run here, one that won't be suited for the speedy WR's.It even shows in their recruiting recently where they have nothing but big possession receivers to aid a run heavy scheme. It was also evident in the play calling last year. Yeah they took some shots down field but mainly on 9's to Streeter or fades into the endzone and half of the time those fades were to Walford.

In the last 2+ season we have recruited/signed:

Scott
Dorsett
AJL (prep)
Waters
Jones
Carter
Lewis
Lockhart
Whitfield (recently de-committed)

Hardly any of those guys fit your big possession receiver mold.

I agree with you no big possession WR. Not sure why anyone would think that

i think cause of TB3's poor senior year statistically people want to trash him. i don't know who it was but someone said earlier on this thread that he could score from anywhere n the field and he could. the whole carrer yards stat isn't that important to me cause like someone said he had more yards then andre johnson. also i'm not sure if he really improved from year to year like i had hoped. one thing i' always remember is him tearing it up against FSU.

the Browns were a good fit for him. They need speed at WR in the worst way and he's got more speed than anyone else they could have chosen. He'll do good. Just hopefully someone lights that fire in him to want to be great.

Advertisement
I dont think he underachieved while he was here, he just never produced as much as I thought he could.

How much did you think he was suppose to produce? Did you expect him to become an all-time great?

Isn't he in the top 5, performance wise for career? Third in UM history in all purpose yards.

TB3 was as good as the O (bad QB, revolving door OCs, underperforming line) allowed him to be. Sure, he had potential to do more here, but was far from disappointing. Can be a DeSean Jackson type player if used properly.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back