benji to start for the browns? yet another wasted talent

Advertisement
Can't go along with calling Benjamin a waste. He made a ton of plays and is up there in career yards. Maybe wasted in the sense he was on some mediocre to bad teams, but nothing against him. Also, Whipple is on the staff there...he had to have vouched for him on draft day.

Can't go along with calling Benjamin a waste. He made a ton of plays and is up there in career yards. Maybe wasted in the sense he was on some mediocre to bad teams, but nothing against him. Also, Whipple is on the staff there...he had to have vouched for him on draft day.
not a waste......but wasted talent

meaning he should have been much better than he was during his career

He is going to have to learn to fight a little harder for the ball.

With the Browns current receiver corps, a retarded child would have a shot. Benji's in the mix by default.

Advertisement
Happy for TB3 but he is going to get wrecked in the NFL especially in that division.

completely disagree. you mofos have given TB a bad rap. dude is one tough **** at 170 lbs. he is in the top 5 or so for career yards at UM. how about when J12 set him up to get murdered on that quick hitter to the flats and he took a wide open shot vs cant remember who...maybe UNC. thought he was dead and he popped right up.

nothing but respect for that dude and I hope he has a good NFL career

That's literally the one area he made a tremendous improvement on this past season so I have no idea what you're trying to refer to here. Every other area he actually needs improvement in should be able to be taught to him by his new coaches. His size and strength will probably limit him as a pro but he could still be a solid contributor as a pro wide out in my eyes.

Advertisement
TB seemed to do better under Whipple. It seemed to me like he was more involved.

Yeah, but IMHO that's the offense they want to run here, one that won't be suited for the speedy WR's.It even shows in their recruiting recently where they have nothing but big possession receivers to aid a run heavy scheme. It was also evident in the play calling last year. Yeah they took some shots down field but mainly on 9's to Streeter or fades into the endzone and half of the time those fades were to Walford.

Benjamin had a very productive career here and I am happy to see him move on and compete for a starting spot in the Pros. To disparage him is petty and frankly just mean spirited, this is a kid who played here for 4 years and racked up the yardage. We should all be cheering him on in the Pros, rep the U Benji!

Advertisement
If his body can hold up, no reason why he couldn't be an above average receiver in the league.

The coaching and development was sub par at best for the 2008 class. Coupled with musical chairs at coordinator positions hurt these kids. A lot of those kids will have more success in the NFL because of the quality of the coaching. Eventhough they underachieved let it go, they bled, and sweat for that emblem more than anyone of us will ever do. I wish them the best and will root for them on Sundays. I am more concerned about what we have now and looking forward to Duke and crew tear it up

Last edited:
Wasted talent? maybe but....
1. He didn't fight for the ball (already said)
2. Jacory Harris was his quarterback. Jacory wasted a lot of talent on this team with his decision making and lob throws.
3. He was basically a finesse player. Just look at the play when he was trying to tackle Kuechly after the interception. That play sums it up for me in terms killer instinct. Doesn't have it.

It was fun to watch him play here because I always felt we could score on any play with him on the field.

Advertisement
I dont think he underachieved while he was here, he just never produced as much as I thought he could.

I can literally count on one hand the number of players who I think performed to 100% of their ability that we have had here, because I think we as fans have absurd expectations. To look at a guy like Benjamin, you expect him to be Santana Moss. Then if he is anything less he underachieved. The reality is Benjamin was really good for us for all 4 years, even though he had his bad moments his junior year, when seemingly the whole team quit. Always a contributor, tougher than he got credit for, and more often than not when we needed a play late he seemed to be there for us.

Advertisement
Back