BE RELENTLESS!!!!

Advertisement
Not sure how I feel about the cele they do....
season 13 GIF

This is an excellent football team. I’m really, really confident we’re going to have a tremendous season.

Reason being, IMO this was better than a 7-5 team last year. If you listen to a lot of smart people, they’ll tell you that teams improve or decline year to year, of course. But teams usually don’t make incredible, massive jumps one year to the next. It was the main reason I was confident we’d have success against the gator defense. They were AWFUL last year. Arguably the worst defense in the SEC. So all off-season, when the laundry bros told me they’d be good, I said OK, but you almost never go from total bottom of the barrel to really good. A very solid improvement would be to get to average.

So what does that mean for Miami? Well, we were an above average football team in almost every metric last year. Offense, defense, special teams were all good. Not great, but good. So, if you’re really an improved club, you do have “great” in your range of outcomes. Again, going from “god awful” to great really isn’t realistic. But going from good to great is. I think we were good last year. Better than 7-5 might tell you on the surface.

I think we can be great this year.

Let’s be great tonight and shut everyone the **** up for another week.

Advertisement
This is an excellent football team. I’m really, really confident we’re going to have a tremendous season.

Reason being, IMO this was better than a 7-5 team last year. If you listen to a lot of smart people, they’ll tell you that teams improve or decline year to year, of course. But teams usually don’t make incredible, massive jumps one year to the next. It was the main reason I was confident we’d have success against the gator defense. They were AWFUL last year. Arguably the worst defense in the SEC. So all off-season, when the laundry bros told me they’d be good, I said OK, but you almost never go from total bottom of the barrel to really good. A very solid improvement would be to get to average.

So what does that mean for Miami? Well, we were an above average football team in almost every metric last year. Offense, defense, special teams were all good. Not great, but good. So, if you’re really an improved club, you do have “great” in your range of outcomes. Again, going from “god awful” to great really isn’t realistic. But going from good to great is. I think we were good last year. Better than 7-5 might tell you on the surface.

Last year should have been an 8 win season given that roster and TVDs limitations. We just came up short because of that stupid GT decision. Had Mario been 8-4 without the GT stupidity most of this would have been expected and accepted by the media. It’s just that we did have the GT debacle and therefore we are useless to everyone.

Advertisement
Last year should have been an 8 win season given that roster and TVDs limitations. We just came up short because of that stupid GT decision. Had Mario been 8-4 without the GT stupidity most of this would have been expected and accepted by the media. It’s just that we did have the GT debacle and therefore we are useless to everyone.
That one decision changed the trajectory of the program in a number of ways. Kneel and we're 5-0 going into UNC, who we ended up playing close anyways. We very well could have been 8-0 going into NC State.

I'm ready for the eventual silence from the haters & the immediate tropes of, " you haven't beaten anyone in the ACC yet ".

Yup. Last year was the total floor, imo.

Advertisement
Advertisement
That one decision changed the trajectory of the program in a number of ways. Kneel and we're 5-0 going into UNC, who we ended up playing close anyways. We very well could have been 8-0 going into NC State.
Can you imagine? TVD goes on to have a decent season, doesn't transfer, we finish 9-3 or so and play it crappy bowl game. No Cam Ward, and who knows about the other big time transfers without him already on board.

Never thought I'd say this, but as bad as it was at the time, I'd like to take this moment to thank Mario for not taking a knee vs GT.

My in-laws went to USF and we're having dinner together at a restaurant this evening. Loser pays for dinner.

200w.gif

Advertisement
Back