BC game is big

Sometimes, even with a player of BB's caliber, there is a little "addition by subtraction." Roles change, PT increases, etc. Still, it will be great if we get BB back in the lineup (even for reduced minutes) around Tourney time. His defense and rebounding are definitely missed and, offensively when he's feeling it, he can "go off."

Kind of a Ewing Effect.

Advertisement
Do you know what is Coach L’s (at Miami) record in BC?

4-0

Don't bring facts into the conversation. Miami has won relatively comfortably on the road against BC. Now, are they 20+ point blowouts? Of course not, this is still an ACC team, playing AT HOME. If you are beating ANY ACC team in their house by 10+ four consecutive times odds are you are doing something right.

Don't bring facts into the conversation. Miami has won relatively comfortably on the road against BC. Now, are they 20+ point blowouts? Of course not, this is still an ACC team, playing AT HOME. If you are beating ANY ACC team in their house by 10+ four consecutive times odds are you are doing something right.

Two things:

1. I didn't say every win was by 10+ points. I said the average win was by 10 points.

2. With that said, we actually do have a 20 point win at BC.

Advertisement
I don't have a dog in this fight, but, since my wife and sister in law are watching the Olympics, and I'm bored.....

In 2016, our Sweet 16 team beat a 7-25 BC team 67-53. It was a 5 point game with 5:20 left and we closed it out on an 11-2 run.
In 2015, our NIT runner up team beat a 13-19 BC team 89-86 in 2 OT.
In 2013, our Sweet 16, ACC Championship team beat a 16-17 BC team 60-59.
In 2012, our NIT second round team beat a 9-22 BC team 76-54.

So, yes, we've outscored them by 40 points. 22 of those came in one game. The 14 point game was close until the last 5 minutes, and the other 2 were nailbiters. All 4 games were against bad BC teams, in which we had a better, and in most cases, a MUCH better team.

So, take from that what you will.

Advertisement
Back