BC game is big

HLSCane

Recruit
Saturday's game at BC is setting up to be an important one for our Canes. Not only do we want to keep our winning streak going, albeit against teams that we are supposed to beat, but a win also could separate us a bit from the handful of teams that are just behind us in the ACC standings.

VT plays UVA Saturday evening at UVA (good luck with that!)
UNC has Duke tonight and is at NCState on Saturday
NCState has the aforementioned game v. UNC (and we hold the tiebreaker against them)
FSU is at Notre Dame on Saturday (I know that ND is struggling w/o Colson, but they still have kept their home games close)

Out of the 6-win teams, only Louisville has an easy week/weekend (home against GT tonight, and at Pitt on Sunday). We do hold the tiebreaker against them, however.

So, if we can win at Conte on Saturday and the other games fall as expected, we could be looking at a 2 game lead for 4th place in the ACC going into the huge game next Tuesday night against #1 UVA.

Advertisement
Must win

giphy.gif

We are still juggling lineups. Newt is playing better,Amp has stepped it up. DJ is playing a lot better. Lykes is getting yelled at less and having good minutes **** even What-a - burger is contributing. I still say its push it or lose. No slow downs with 7 minutes left. Push puuh puuh

Advertisement
Guys are more active. Not waiting on BB or Walker to save them. Amp,DJ and Newt much more aggressive it. push it

We seem to be playing better ball without Bruce Brown. Strange.

Sometimes, even with a player of BB's caliber, there is a little "addition by subtraction." Roles change, PT increases, etc. Still, it will be great if we get BB back in the lineup (even for reduced minutes) around Tourney time. His defense and rebounding are definitely missed and, offensively when he's feeling it, he can "go off."

Advertisement
BC is a place like Wake where we rarely play all that well. The wins over NCSU and VT should give our guys confidence though.

Love Sam's game. Expect big improvement from him next year with some added weight. Lots of minutes next year.

Advertisement
Whataburger is right place at right time. Watching Duke vs NC last night I was thinking what separates these 2 teams from us this year and the last few. Some things I observed last night is a rebounder. we haven't had a real rebounder since Reggie although some here would argue Jekeri was that guy (they always do) The other thing i see is ball movement in half court. We have gotten better with player movement lately but we pass the ball slowly and without purpose. They run plays. Whattaburger may be just the player to help with at least the rebounding. I like him

Whataburger is right place at right time. Watching Duke vs NC last night I was thinking what separates these 2 teams from us this year and the last few. Some things I observed last night is a rebounder. we haven't had a real rebounder since Reggie although some here would argue Jekeri was that guy (they always do) The other thing i see is ball movement in half court. We have gotten better with player movement lately but we pass the ball slowly and without purpose. They run plays. Whattaburger may be just the player to help with at least the rebounding. I like him

Reggie had one great rebounding year, and then he got lazy. His sophomore year he averaged over 9 boards a game, then he was a 7 boards guy, same as Kamari was last year. Tonye averaged 10 boards a game his junior year and 8.6 his senior.

Advertisement
Average victory is 10 points.

Alright, let's just say games were tight with 5 minutes to play. And, an average margin of 10 with some great UM teams against the worst team in the ACC doesn't exactly tell you we were in command.

Alright, let's just say games were tight with 5 minutes to play. And, an average margin of 10 with some great UM teams against the worst team in the ACC doesn't exactly tell you we were in command.

We won all of them. We won them by an average of 10 points. You can keep moving the basket and changing what you mean.

Advertisement
Back