Attendance for Saturday's Game

I would post pictures but this new format doesn’t allow Tapatalk and if I try uploading a photo it says it’s too big.

Advertisement
LMAO there where a ton of those type of students when I was there. There where alot of kids from the north east down to Maryland that are big NBA fans/played HS basketball. Even at the Wellness center there would be some pretty good pickup games. The frat league sucked besides Pike, but the kids that would just hang out and ball at the WV where pretty good.
Clark and Haith for me.

My freshman year was Haith's first. I still hear stories about Clark, so you have my sympathies.

Advertisement
I'm beyond ashamed that students require this much *** kissing to show up. I suffered through the Haith era during undergrad(The only home games I ever missed were due to me going home to Texas for the holidays), and only got L for grad and law school. I would have killed to have L as coach during my undergrad years, would have saved me a lot of frustration.

Almost lost my scholarship, and kicked off the tennis team, in '87. I left early for the Canes Free Shoes game (26-25), and totally blew off the trip to Emory for the ITCA Rolex Fall Championships (a big college tennis tournament, where my doubl;es partner and I were defending champions and no. 2 seed). My GF told a great story when the coach showed up for the trip, about how I was in the Pinellas County Jail for battery. I get back and all **** breaks lose. Had to beat up my doubles partner (he was a smug N' Easterner, hated him, but we were 79-5 with a NC in 3 seasons) and then spent some awful hours in front of the AD. ( already hated me for a smoking incident at UF, where I lit up a Camel on changeover and then punched my opponent, , ****** Courtney Taylor, and for faking a ankle injury the last three practices before '86 Nationals, so i could play in the intramural hockey finals)

Point is, I did what any Canes fan would do. 90% of the students at the U are NOT Canes fans. I remember when my cousin from Mexico was there (86-90). He would give us dozens of student tickets for each game. Now, its obviously worse.
When your Mom is talking **** to students for not going to the game............

Graduated in '82. Didn't have a choice to go and watch. Would have been thrilled to have a team to watch on campus for free.

Advertisement
They're bribing the students with a free IHOP breakfast and a T Shirt. Sad state of affairs when you have to go begging like that. The on-campus arena was supposed to "solve" this problem.

We had 11,000 (or more) against UConn and St John's when we played downtown in the Big East days. Some of these Watsco crowds are no bigger than we had in the 60s over on Miami Beach in the Aud and CC (terrible sight lines for hoops, and a long way from campus)!

And back then we had a real crowd-pleaser like Chuck Holiber. Now we have nothing comparable.

Advertisement
Back