at Pitt Noon ACCN

Advertisement
I’m telling you it’s a recurring theme.

But you never have any evidence for anything you say. I bet if I looked deeper it wouldn't be a recurring theme.

People just like to whine when we lose a game and whatever the reason for the particular loss it will be mentioned as a sign of bad coaching and the continuance of a "recurring theme."

Idk - you tell me!...This is a pet peeve of mine: rather than do the research to make your point, you just asked me a rhetorical question. If you think blown late leads are over-represented in that rather large sample of games, show me. Don't just ask a question you don't know the answer to.

Nailed it.

He doesn't know whether it's actually true and he doesn't care. He just wants to push a narrative regardless of the facts.

Coach L probably feels this season is a success due to the development of Rodney Miller.
He probably feels Rodney and Nysier Brooks will be like Julian Gamble and Reggie Johnson from the 2013-14 season.
I guess that makes Sam the new Kenny Kadji. Ok, that is a stretch. Get it, a stretch.

I agree with that point. There should have been more acceleration by Harlond to get the ball into the frontcourt. I am sure he will learn from that mistake. Also, with 1:14 on the clock and Miami down by 1, Harlond had the ball in his hand with about 7 seconds left on the shot clock. I would have preferred if he would have taken the ball to the basket instead of taking that deep 3. Miami was only down by 1 point but better spacing would have helped.

With 15.5 seconds left in the game and Miami down by 3 points, there should have been no rush to take the 3 point shot. A quick two is still very much an option. Pittsburgh was in the bonus and not the double bonus. That is where coaching and coaching philosophy comes into play.

At 6.7 seconds is when DJ got the ball and launched the 40 foot three point shot with two guys on him. The play was not executed but I feel it was unnecessary.
Yes. I agree, but like I said, he's a catch and shoot guy. He didn't want to pass the ball and he's not going to dribble to create his own shot. Therefore you get the 40 footer.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back