Arkstate article

Let's pray it keeps trending east and it doesn't make landfall in south Florida.

Advertisement
You guys do realize that some things are more important than football. Smh.

It sucks we don't play but we got bigger problems to worry about then playing an away game we had no business scheduling in the first place. Getting 10 wins just got harder though. I think we go 9-2 now maybe 10-1 since FSU did sustain an important injury.

You guys do realize that some things are more important than football. Smh.

whowut.gif

I wouldn't rule out the FSU game being cancelled.

Even if it's played how much prep do you think the team gets with this thing hitting monday?

Advertisement
Lol if the game was here it would be cancelled as well. They're only mad cause this was the biggest game ever in their history

Advertisement
I'm not gonna act like I understand all the logistics of our team traveling for a road game, but the optics certainly aren't great when the kids would actually be safer in Arky AND their AD gave us every opportunity to reschedule. If we truly wanted to play this game (hint: we don't), we would have found a way to make it work.

I wouldn't rule out the FSU game being cancelled.

Even if it's played how much prep do you think the team gets with this thing hitting monday?

zero

if it makes a head on collision the fields will still be puddles all the way through thursday

There was no benefit of going to Jonesboro. Zero.The game was scheduled by one of our total idiot AD's and we have had a train of them lately. It benefits us not to play the game. No unexpected injuries 1 more week to get Ammon ready and more time to go over film and get the guys ready for FSU. Football wise it was good for us.
Image wise we look like a bunch of pussies.

These fools are salty - this was the biggest event for the history of their program...never should have been scheduled.

I just hope everybody gets through this potential catastrophe safe. And who gives a flying **** what some Arkansas State clown has to say? It doesn't matter.

This game (or lack thereof) literally does not matter.

Advertisement
He's not completely wrong...

He is completely wrong.

You can not agree with the decision, and have a case saying we cancelled prematurely or we're doing it strictly for optics, but you're an idiot if you agree with him that we cancelled to dodge playing them. We would have been better off with the tuneup. Not playing them hurts us in terms of our FSU preparation.

[TWEET]905449881803902977[/TWEET]

We didn't cancel to dodge playing them. If you think that's the rationale, you're nuts.

This we just announced a game with Alabama but we are using Irma as an excuse to not play Ark St who Al Golden beat by more than 20 points.

They were anxious to see the Miami Hurricanes come to town - and they're disappointed.

We can reschedule, and now that they're talking trash, we can kick the crap out of them later.

We get stuck in Jonesboro, we are at a distinct disadvantage at preparing for our big game - FSU.

We have Lsu, UF and Bama coming up in the next four years but Arky State is the one we're scared of? Lmao....ok.

I'm ok with that thinking.

Advertisement
I literally could not care less what Arkansas State thinks about this decision.

This. Next week when the aftermath of this Hurricane is all over the news nobody is going to even think "Miami must have been scared not to play."

We scheduled Bama this week but y'all worried about people saying we're scared of Ark State?

This is so dumb.. there's no way Miami is dodging Ark-State because they hung in there--they didnt even win!--against slow a$$ Nebraska!! The Ark-State homer who wrote this click-generating article is obviously full of ****, especially given our need for live action reps after our relatively lackluster performance against BCU and the hundreds of thousands of dollars we'd be losing by not playing (money we couldve used for the IPF!).

If anything, I think we pulled the trigger a little early... We're still not even certain Irma will hit So Fla. The forecasts are all over the place.

But we definitely ain't scared of Ark State.. what is there to fear??? Whoever buys into this needs to get their head checked

GO CANES!!!

Advertisement
Back