Anyone watching real football today?

Advertisement
I dunno about "all Joe Brady," but they're much, much better this year than last year in terms of formations and moving guys around. It's a combination of a bunch of things. Joe Burrow's accuracy and ability to process quickly are the keys to the whole thing.

They've had a couple unique plays today - the RPO flat route and the delayed option route (I think it was Jefferson).

But most of the time they run the same static formations and isolation routes that other spread teams use. And Burrow throws pinpoint balls to WRs who win at the catch point...or he extends the play and someone uncovers.

Advertisement
Advertisement
They've had a couple unique plays today - the RPO flat route and the delayed option route (I think it was Jefferson).

But most of the time they run the same static formations and isolation routes that other spread teams use. And Burrow throws pinpoint balls to WRs who win at the catch point...or he extends the play and someone uncovers.
True. But, for the bolded part, the last play (even though it wasn't really successful and Burrow had to scramble) is a good example of something different for them this year. Their primary WRs on the play were lined up tight. So while it's something a lot of spread formations across college and the NFL are doing, it makes a difference for them they're doing more of the stuff this year than last year (pre-Brady). I hate unfounded hype as much as the next guy, but Brady deserves some (certainly not all) of this credit.

Advertisement
Advertisement
True. But, for the bolded part, the last play (even though it wasn't really successful and Burrow had to scramble) is a good example of something different for them this year. Their primary WRs on the play were lined up tight. So while it's something a lot of spread formations across college and the NFL are doing, it makes a difference for them they're doing more of the stuff this year than last year (pre-Brady). I hate unfounded hype as much as the next guy, but Brady deserves some (certainly not all) of this credit.

Definitely. I'm biased as a Bucs fan but nobody does a better job with tight formations for the pass game than Arians/Leftwich. They turned Godwin into the most complete WR in football.

That's a cheap shot in modern football. But, **** did that happen a ton just a couple decades ago. Playing Safety, if some big ol' TE was floating around in the middle of the field, he was getting whacked in the chest.

Advertisement
Back