Antonio Crawford HL tape

Advertisement
Shows great awareness and the rare ability to locate and make plays on the ball in tight man coverage. Also shows good vision and instincts with the ball in his hands both as a receiver and a return man.

Just a Quick Question..

Is it common for players from powerhouse programs like Plant and St. Thomas Aquinas, etc to play both ways like that?

Just a Quick Question..

Is it common for players from powerhouse programs like Plant and St. Thomas Aquinas, etc to play both ways like that?

I think when you have a great athlete like Crawford(or any kid) you find ways to use him on both sides of the ball. Even at powerhouse schools they don't always have a playmaker on defense or have speed that could kill on offense.

I'm getting the Crawfords confused here. Is Dallas the RB/Slot receiver and and Antonio safety? Both should be good

Advertisement
This kid has all the tools. Reminds me a little bit of P.Buchanon coming out of HS. Not a big time name, but did it all for his team. He has excellent speed(arguably our fastest signee in this year's class), good field awareness, and more importantly, he knows what to do when he has the ball in his hands. I recall watching the game Vs Miramar and i kept telling myself, why the **** arent we f*cuking recruiting this kid. He was all over Lewis in that game. He had perfect coverage on Lewis's spectacular TD grab , but 8 out of 10 times, that play would have ended as an incomplete pass. His only mistake during the game, was a red zone fumble (his team was driving) at the end of the game. Bottom line, dont be surprised if he pushes Howard as the best pure CB honor. Just saying.

I see what you see - Crawford is a baller. Our program emerged out of a culture of fierce competition. Let's all hope that he pushes Howard and everyone else lining up as a DB.

This kid has all the tools. Reminds me a little bit of P.Buchanon coming out of HS. Not a big time name, but did it all for his team. He has excellent speed(arguably our fastest signee in this year's class), good field awareness, and more importantly, he knows what to do when he has the ball in his hands. I recall watching the game Vs Miramar and i kept telling myself, why the **** arent we f*cuking recruiting this kid. He was all over Lewis in that game. He had perfect coverage on Lewis's spectacular TD grab , but 8 out of 10 times, that play would have ended as an incomplete pass. His only mistake during the game, was a red zone fumble (his team was driving) at the end of the game. Bottom line, dont be surprised if he pushes Howard as the best pure CB honor. Just saying.

Only thing that perplexes me..... wtf did he not have more recruiting attention? One of the biggest programs in the US that pumps out D1 kids and GT was his best offer before us? He did the camp circuit too. I'm just wondering if the size is way inflated, or his speed isn't all there (hard to consider this realistically as he hung with Miramar, etc.), or if there's off-the-field stuff?

Advertisement
Kids a baller. Our speculations about why he wasn't heavily recruited should go by the wayside. He is a cane now and what matters is that he comes in and balls out on the field and in the classroom. I doubt AG recruited any persons with known character issues. I think we got a solid corner and overall athlete (based off tape) who seemed to excel vs top competition. I feel confident that our secondary will look much much different in the years to come.

Saw Crawford play this year. He's very good in run support, physical. I see him as somebody that would be good against the slot, very much like Vernon. Him and Vernon are extremely different players though, as Davis is more a a coverage guy.

Advertisement
I think we see him move to safety. Him and Jenkins back there would make two sick athlete and Jenkins is an imposing old school type of safety. I think Crawford is more ballhawk that will come in and lay the wood.

Only thing that perplexes me..... wtf did he not have more recruiting attention? One of the biggest programs in the US that pumps out D1 kids and GT was his best offer before us? He did the camp circuit too. I'm just wondering if the size is way inflated, or his speed isn't all there (hard to consider this realistically as he hung with Miramar, etc.), or if there's off-the-field stuff?

Agree. Pretty strange.

I remember hearing his name late in the game, and he picked up momentum.

Advertisement
He is not very big, so that is something that was holding him back as far as offers go. Very productive player though. No off-field issues that I'm aware of

I could be wrong, but I thought I read somewhere that he hadnt played full time defense until his senior year. If he played mostly RB as a junior, that would have put him behind Wilder, giving him very limited exposure.

EDIT: so I did some searching and here is an excerpt from an article after Crawford committed......

"We moved him to corner because we didn't have anyone else - he was primarily an offensive guy his first three years here," Plant High DB coach Matt Johnson said. "He has very fluid hips so that's why we moved him to corner. And obviously anytime you get a natural athlete it's a bonus as a coach. With Antonio I was able to get really specific with technique. He was more comfortable as a man corner than he was as a zone cover corner. He liked being in that tight space and be able to make contact off the line."

Last edited:
Yea he was primarily on offense before. Nobody really started to pay attention until they saw him lock down Lewis. GT was bringing him in as a RB.

Advertisement
Back