Anthony Chickillo being undrafted by 5th round is a Crime

Advertisement
He'll be out of the league in a few years.

Pittsburgh is the wrong scheme for him.

Good fit for him at Pitt.

As for Golden... It's really, really sad that we went 6-7 with the talent we had on this team. It's a double edged sword, really. Someone has to get credit for stocking the team with talent, and also criticized for losing with that talent. I am glad we're seeing more talent here, because our talent level was pure crap for several years, as indicated by the last SEVERAL NFL drafts. If Golden were fired today, the next coach would inherit a very good team. That, I give Golden some credit for. Now, win or get the heck out. These are all your guys, Al. They were all your guys last year as well. Time to put up or pack up.

Good fit for him at Pitt.

As for Golden... It's really, really sad that we went 6-7 with the talent we had on this team. It's a double edged sword, really. Someone has to get credit for stocking the team with talent, and also criticized for losing with that talent. I am glad we're seeing more talent here, because our talent level was pure crap for several years, as indicated by the last SEVERAL NFL drafts. If Golden were fired today, the next coach would inherit a very good team. That, I give Golden some credit for. Now, win or get the heck out. These are all your guys, Al. They were all your guys last year as well. Time to put up or pack up.

agree with some of this, but what we're seeing right now on the recruiting front and what will likely happen to the 2016 class is continued deterioration of the incoming classes since everyone with a brain can see that Grohlden is garbage.

Randy did well recruiting his first couple of years then mailed it in and left a mess in 2012. but Grohlden inherited a very talented team in 2011 that he went 7-5 with (turns out that is his MO).

Grohlden benefited from some very strong OL recruiting by Randy but that position is turning into a mess along with many others such as RB, WR, DL, CB, etc.

in summary, the next coach is not gonna be in that great of shape since the 2015 class and likely the 2016 class are gonna be garbage. we've kept Grohlden far too long and the next coach will be looking at a rebuild

Maybe you're right, but besides some all star game practice hype, he's posted pedestrian like number his entire time here. Decent player, perhaps undervalued, but at some point you need more production to justify even a pick at this point.

Pretty obvious you do t understand how inept coaching affected this guy. And no you do t always need production to justify anything case real football people understand how coaching/ schemes etc. can effect a player.

Advertisement
FSU played a base 425. Edwards wasnt an 3-4 OLB. Football IQ is lacking here. Chikillo looked good in a 2nd tier All star game. big deal... he isnt elite as a 4-3 DE, and looked awful as a 3-4 Jack on his pro day workout. Chick is a situational player,which explains his draft position.

Fsu is a 3-4 D. Mario edwards was labeled as "jack" which is a 3-4 olb.

They went to a base 4-2-5 under pruitt because they struggled in the 3-4. Fsu runs 3-4, 4-2-5, 2-4-5.

This. They started a 3-4 the year they won the national title , Pitt shredded them for a half and they scrapped it. Went back to 4-2-5 for the remainder of the year . Last year they were back in the 3-4, and Edwards was an olb.

They played mostly 4-2-5 last year as well, hence why darby/williams/ramsey were on the field at the same time @ cb on most downs

Maybe you're right, but besides some all star game practice hype, he's posted pedestrian like number his entire time here. Decent player, perhaps undervalued, but at some point you need more production to justify even a pick at this point.

Pretty obvious you do t understand how inept coaching affected this guy. And no you do t always need production to justify anything case real football people understand how coaching/ schemes etc. can effect a player.

Wow, thank you for making the light bulb go off. I never imagined that a quality coaching staff and good scheme could actually make a player shine. Fascinating stuff, but there's a lot of smart guys getting paid handsomely to evaluate players and his evaluation said 6th round. Who knows where others had him, but 6th is where someone felt it was worth picking him up. With a quality staff, the sky was the limit, right?

Chick had been overvalued his years at the U by the fans. Did this staff use him incorrectly, most definitely.

He was going to be a 6/7th round and that is where he landed.

Those saying 3/4th and some even 2nd had their orange shades on.

Ridiculous thread. Chickilo would lucky to great drafted.

Well i guess so is every other scout and team who I guess are not as smart as you and were unable to see past the scheme issue and notice the great player that you see. Usually great pass rushers, yea they wait till the 6th round to get. The guys was blocked one on one all the time and his sack totals went from 5 to 4 to 3.5 to 3 as he matured and learned and got stronger. I hope he is great but don't see it.

But hey, enlighten us you fkcing genius.

Advertisement
Ridiculous thread. Chickilo would lucky to great drafted.

Well i guess so is every other scout and team who I guess are not as smart as you and were unable to see past the scheme issue and notice the great player that you see. Usually great pass rushers, yea they wait till the 6th round to get. The guys was blocked one on one all the time and his sack totals went from 5 to 4 to 3.5 to 3 as he matured and learned and got stronger. I hope he is great but don't see it.

But hey, enlighten us you fkcing genius.

Says the mental giant over here.

FSU played a base 425. Edwards wasnt an 3-4 OLB. Football IQ is lacking here. Chikillo looked good in a 2nd tier All star game. big deal... he isnt elite as a 4-3 DE, and looked awful as a 3-4 Jack on his pro day workout. Chick is a situational player,which explains his draft position.

Fsu is a 3-4 D. Mario edwards was labeled as "jack" which is a 3-4 olb.

They went to a base 4-2-5 under pruitt because they struggled in the 3-4. Fsu runs 3-4, 4-2-5, 2-4-5.

This. They started a 3-4 the year they won the national title , Pitt shredded them for a half and they scrapped it. Went back to 4-2-5 for the remainder of the year . Last year they were back in the 3-4, and Edwards was an olb.

They played mostly 4-2-5 last year as well, hence why darby/williams/ramsey were on the field at the same time @ cb on most downs

They ran 3-4 base , they ran nickel against spread formations or in passing downs. I don't get why this is so difficult.

4-2-5 is just a nickel defense, most teams ( not Miami ) run nickel when there's 3 or more wr on the field

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back