Amir Rasul decommitment rumors heating up

He decommitted, oh well Miami will always have and produce runningbacks

U mean like Collins, Michel, Cook, Powell, Scarlett, Williams and Cronkite. LULZ

Only two guys on this list has done isht in college football (so far). Collins - and he had only 3 games over 100 yards rushing last season. Cook will be suspended for at least a couple games and fumbled in the money game last year. Michel only had 400 total yards behind chubb. Powell has already changed positions after a uneventful freshman year and the book is still out on cronk and Scarlett. I would take our recent history at RB against these guys by far. Doesn't mean I like golden - but I do like our current RB situation with Yearby, Gus, Walton and possibly burns.

Advertisement
Phillip Buchanon ‏@PhillipBuchanon 15m15 minutes ago
All the elite programs play chess, and we are still playing checkers. Everything starts at the top.

Phillip Buchanon ‏@PhillipBuchanon 16m16 minutes ago
This has happened more times than it should.

Not that it's a big deal IMO but you know you have problems when recruits don't take their commit serious at UM anymore.

Phillip Buchanon ‏@PhillipBuchanon 15m15 minutes ago
All the elite programs play chess, and we are still playing checkers. Everything starts at the top.

This has happened more times than it should.

Not that it's a big deal IMO but you know you have problems when recruits don't take their commit serious at UM anymore.

But leave it to certain posters to claim the constant decommitments aren't an awful, awful look for this program. Or that certain recruits who've decommitted really aren't that good anyway or are scared of competition, even if they end up playing at programs with far more daunting depth charts.

Again, no one will bat an eye at this if we fill Rasul's spot with Fils-Aime. But since that doesn't seem as likely as it once did, this matters a lot. Especially since team speed/athleticism is at a staggeringly low level thanks to Golden's philosophy of weight >>> everything else.

U mean like Collins, Michel, Cook, Powell, Scarlett, Williams and Cronkite. LULZ

Only two guys on this list has done isht in college football (so far). Collins - and he had only 3 games over 100 yards rushing last season. Cook will be suspended for at least a couple games and fumbled in the money game last year. Michel only had 400 total yards behind chubb. Powell has already changed positions after a uneventful freshman year and the book is still out on cronk and Scarlett. I would take our recent history at RB against these guys by far. Doesn't mean I like golden - but I do like our current RB situation with Yearby, Gus, Walton and possibly burns.

Man don't do this to yourself... Don't downplay what some of those prospects have accomplished... Collins has balled out while splitting carries in an offense that can't pass. Dude likely declaring to the draft if he tops 1200... He already has consecutive 1k seasons. Cook was a beast last year while not even starting until like the 4th game. Worst case he accumulates the same stats. He along with FSU defense basically lost their bowl game last year but everyone has a bad game. Michel actually had Chubb as third string until he was injured. But he was showing flashes as well. Chubb was just healthy and evolved into the man that he is.

Man you're im denial. It is alarming that we are constantly missing out on the best backs in this region. I have seen more from Cook, Collins and Michel than I have from anyone on the roster. I would take our recent history of backs if Al had anything to do with recruiting the last 3 NFL backs on our roster but he hasn't... All 3 backs either committed or signed to RS... That being said, let's see what this year brings... I personally have my concerns about Walton's contributions as a true freshman and I don't see Yearby more than a situational, change of pace back. Now I am interested in seeing Gus... I like that kid... I want to see what he'll do... I saw Jarrett Payton a little over a decade ago surprised many during his lone season starting... It's possible Gus or even another back on the roster does the same this year.

Advertisement
One of the new coping mechanism got Decommits is to play it off like "this was expected" or "as recently reported." Why the **** does that make
It better? We are about to break out own decommit record one year later. It's a joke.

Man don't do this to yourself... Don't downplay what some of those prospects have accomplished... Collins has balled out while splitting carries in an offense that can't pass. Dude likely declaring to the draft if he tops 1200... He already has consecutive 1k seasons. Cook was a beast last year while not even starting until like the 4th game. Worst case he accumulates the same stats. He along with FSU defense basically lost their bowl game last year but everyone has a bad game. Michel actually had Chubb as third string until he was injured. But he was showing flashes as well. Chubb was just healthy and evolved into the man that he is.

Man you're im denial. It is alarming that we are constantly missing out on the best backs in this region. I have seen more from Cook, Collins and Michel than I have from anyone on the roster. I would take our recent history of backs if Al had anything to do with recruiting the last 3 NFL backs on our roster but he hasn't... All 3 backs either committed or signed to RS... That being said, let's see what this year brings... I personally have my concerns about Walton's contributions as a true freshman and I don't see Yearby more than a situational, change of pace back. Now I am interested in seeing Gus... I like that kid... I want to see what he'll do... I saw Jarrett Payton a little over a decade ago surprised many during his lone season starting... It's possible Gus or even another back on the roster does the same this year.

You're not wrong.

Advertisement
Back