Al Golden with Joe Rose Interview 3/9

• Thread starter Thread starter TheU1991
  • Start date Start date
Must kill AG to come from a school where kids had less 'talent' but worked their **** off to be players, to be surrounded by so much 'talent' that feels like they are too good to put in work.
it isnt killing him as much as its gonna kill those who dont wanna work

Advertisement
Must kill AG to come from a school where kids had less 'talent' but worked their **** off to be players, to be surrounded by so much 'talent' that feels like they are too good to put in work.
it isnt killing him as much as its gonna kill those who dont wanna work

Exactly....

Their choices will be, transfer and sit out a year, graduate then transfer (good luck with that), or turn pro and pray that your lazy ways don't catch up with you....

+rep

Said for years that 'NFL U' and that whole mentality was horrid for the program, turned it into an NFL internship, but not a college program[/QUOTE|

Hasn't changed yet. Did you hear Tracey Howard's speech when he committed? Will be playing "the next 3 or 4 years" at UM.

Advertisement
This didn't start with Randy. It was started by Coker. Remember the phone call to Willie Williams by Coker on signing day? Coker kept repeating "3 and out!"

Golden is right that this was a mindset coming in

Well someone should have broke his foot off in Coker's *** for saying something so stupid, and starting something so destructive.

How about 'produce or out?'

Golden & Joe are becoming BFF 's. Seems like he's on more than once a week. I guess Randy was on frequently too, but that was always the Seinfeld Show of interviews...nothing of substance ever

Randy never understood the importance of keep good media relations. When thing are going great, everyone is happy. But when things aren't, you can atleast of call on a favor or two from the media. Golden knows how to play the game. Randy had a 'everyone is against me' mentality. That's why he got killed on his way out.

He got killed on his way out not because of his 'everyone is against me' mentality, but because he treated too many other people like ****, and sucked and was lazy.

Another meaningless comment from an internet geek.

He treated everyone like **** cause he trusted no one. Randy did not want anyone who could potentially hurt the program close. He didn't see the necessity of having the media on your side. There aren't many coaches who want to deal with the media but they understand its better to have them on your side then to have them calling for your head after every loss.

To "TeamSpOrts": Please explain how my comment was 'meaningless'... Randy did get killed on his way out. I'm not saying some of it wasn't deserved but no one was mentioning his graduating rate or, even now, no one mentions how Randy's demeanour kept certain people at a distance (ex: Shapiro). The Scandal could of been a lot worse if we had a HC who would of let Shapiro run the program from his luxury box (like he wanted, and essentially, paid for). It's all part of the game.

Do you really think Golden wants to start his Monday mornings talking to Joe Rose about Seantrel's suspension or players leaving early for the NFL? Especially during spring practices?? Golden understands that he needs to keep good relations with the media and keep the Hurricanes at the front of the sports sections (How do you think certain inside info get's leaked to the media?). Randy never did this. He saw the media as a nuisance. And in return, they kicked him when he was down. Again, I'm not saying Randy didn't deserve the treatment for cutting the media's access to players, I'm just saying it's nice to have a coach who understands the game!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back