Al Golden with Joe Rose Interview 3/9

• Thread starter Thread starter TheU1991
  • Start date Start date
Advertisement
interesting note: Golden said a lot of guys had a "3 years out" mentality. They thought they could check in for 3 years and be out for the NFL. They felt it was shameful to stay 4 or 5 years because it meant that they wouldn't be good enough to get to the NFL. Explains why a lot of guys aren't wanting to put in the work to finish out their stay, and is pretty congruent with the soft mentality that the guys have been showing.

when golden started talking about the 3 years out mentality, i understood that he said guys were recruited being told it was 3 years out. later on in the interview he said it wasn't shannon's fault, just a part of the culture that got put in place here. still not through with the interview yet, i'll add notes as i go.

consistent with what D$ said, golden says seantrel has had a "spark under him the last couple days". i guess golden's comments put him to work. hopefully he keeps up a good attitude and puts in work.

Advertisement
he made little general comments about the team here and there, but says ryan is playing well. good, high release and isn't getting batted down. golden wants the competition for quarterback to be down to only 2 qb's after the first scrimmage. says there is no guarantee that morris starts in fall.

*PEYTON HAS NOT THROWN AT UM*

lol other than that not much else was new stuff. some repetition of other interviews and other info that we have from other outlets.

Advertisement
Must kill AG to come from a school where kids had less 'talent' but worked their **** off to be players, to be surrounded by so much 'talent' that feels like they are too good to put in work.

when golden started talking about the 3 years out mentality, i understood that he said guys were recruited being told it was 3 years out. later on in the interview he said it wasn't shannon's fault, just a part of the culture that got put in place here. still not through with the interview yet, i'll add notes as i go.

Ah yes, the 'mistakes were made' excuse.

Golden & Joe are becoming BFF 's. Seems like he's on more than once a week. I guess Randy was on frequently too, but that was always the Seinfeld Show of interviews...nothing of substance ever

Ah yes, the 'mistakes were made' excuse.

He doesn't want to bag on Shannon by name in an interview. Can't blame him for that, he's not Rex Ryan.

Advertisement
Golden & Joe are becoming BFF 's. Seems like he's on more than once a week. I guess Randy was on frequently too, but that was always the Seinfeld Show of interviews...nothing of substance ever

Randy never understood the importance of keep good media relations. When thing are going great, everyone is happy. But when things aren't, you can atleast of call on a favor or two from the media. Golden knows how to play the game. Randy had a 'everyone is against me' mentality. That's why he got killed on his way out.

so basically these underclassmen left because they thought that coming back for their senior year would be a disappointment. Well to be honest, they were still disappointments, Streeter came along late but was still a disappointment for three yrs then when he has one good season he dips.

Said for years that 'NFL U' and that whole mentality was horrid for the program, turned it into an NFL internship, but not a college program

Advertisement
Said for years that 'NFL U' and that whole mentality was horrid for the program, turned it into an NFL internship, but not a college program

+1, team has not been the same since this became the mantra at Miami

Freshman coming in will know that won't be tolerated. That mentality is why they were 6-6 with so many kids at the combine. As the younger kids like Chickillo and Crawford start to come through the program, things will change.

Randy never understood the importance of keep good media relations. When thing are going great, everyone is happy. But when things aren't, you can atleast of call on a favor or two from the media. Golden knows how to play the game. Randy had a 'everyone is against me' mentality. That's why he got killed on his way out.

He got killed on his way out not because of his 'everyone is against me' mentality, but because he treated too many other people like ****, and sucked and was lazy.

Advertisement
Back