A new Kicker

Advertisement
Class of 2022? Need completion Andy missed some easy ones last year. Need him to take that next step
All misses not on the kicker. Bad snap can delay the holder getting ball down effecting timing of the kicker. Bad hold can throw the kick off. Not saying what caused his misses because never looked at film of them. Just saying all misses not the kickers fault

According to the interweb, which is never wrong, this guy is not a star in the making. In fact, his private kicking coach has him evaluated as a D2-D3 level kicker. But, he seems like a solid young man who will not cause any issues. He also looks just like the actor who played Rudy in the movie. So, there is that!

Advertisement
Ppl so soft these days. I didn’t even call the kid out. All I said is we need him to step it up and ppl start crying in this thread like I said cut him.

He has talent but he also had some simple kicks he missed for whatever reason. Competition is a good thing. Yes he was a freshmen and has a big leg but can’t be missing 30yd FG if you want to be considered a top kicker. He needs to take that next step
if he doesn’t progress you end up with a bubba baxa situation where he can’t hit and the backup is Camden price who can only hit PAT range field goals. It would suck to have a good team wasted away by special teams.

Ppl so soft these days. I didn’t even call the kid out. All I said is we need him to step it up and ppl start crying in this thread like I said cut him.

He has talent but he also had some simple kicks he missed for whatever reason. Competition is a good thing. Yes he was a freshmen and has a big leg but can’t be missing 30yd FG if you want to be considered a top kicker. He needs to take that next step

Don't call people "soft" for pointing out how ridiculous your posts are.

He missed 1 very makeable FG as a true frosh. He also made a game winning FG a couple weeks earlier, and was one of the better kickers in the ACC as a true frosh. Might want to compare him to how his brother did as a frosh too.

This new kid is depth, not competition, and it's fine. We need depth. But come on, Andy is the best kicking prospect we've ever signed. He was good as a true frosh and has the talent to be even better than his bro.

He missed 1 very makeable FG as a true frosh. He also made a game winning FG a couple weeks earlier, and was one of the better kickers in the ACC as a true frosh. Might want to compare him to how his brother did as a frosh too.

This new kid is depth, not competition, and it's fine. We need depth. But come on, Andy is the best kicking prospect we've ever signed. He was good as a true frosh and has the talent to be even better than his bro.
Carlos Huerta is a tough shadow to step out from....

Advertisement
He was also National Kicker of the Week in his second game senior season.. He won 6-0. Yea that means what it means it was all him. 2 field goals the second a school record at 50 yards. Also coffin cornered his punts inside the 5yrd line in crucial situations including last minute of the game.

Was Team Mvp. Does well in school. Was accepted academically at University of Miami. Played 5 years as he was varsity kicker as 8th grader. Played defense at times and had 11 tackles and one blocked extra point this year. His tackles made on the opposition ball carriers after a kickoff all were where he drove the player backwards. Check out his various highlight videos. I know all this cause I'm his father. I miss him very much living on west coast but i am proud of all of his accomplishments, his dedication and hard work. He ia a true "gamer".

So he’s a taking a scholarship away from a 5-star recruit????

Now I’m mad!
He will eventually get a scholarship. Got too many skills that are outside the field of play that good kids like him who work hard and grow up to be productive citizens. Fricking Yale wanted him for Christ's sake! But his desire to play D1 big time college FB drives him to hopefully fulfill his dream. He ia also very patient. He will wait his turn but all along giving 110 percent. I wasn't around him as he grew up in the Carolinas. But he has something to prove not to you all but to himself. So sit back and relax let players ahead of him get their shot and when he gets his make sure all your other "blue chip" guys who get their scholarships are up to the task to work harder than any other program in the country. Because you got an ace in the hole with Trevor Weldon. He knows the game so well he may end up coaching your program someday.

Advertisement
He will eventually get a scholarship. Got too many skills that are outside the field of play that good kids like him who work hard and grow up to be productive citizens. Fricking Yale wanted him for Christ's sake! But his desire to play D1 big time college FB drives him to hopefully fulfill his dream. He ia also very patient. He will wait his turn but all along giving 110 percent. I wasn't around him as he grew up in the Carolinas. But he has something to prove not to you all but to himself. So sit back and relax let players ahead of him get their shot and when he gets his make sure all your other "blue chip" guys who get their scholarships are up to the task to work harder than any other program in the country. Because you got an ace in the hole with Trevor Weldon. He knows the game so well he may end up coaching your program someday.
Relax dude, he was joking

Are you his dad or something? I’ve never seen someone go so hard for a walk-on kicker who will likely never play in an actual game.

Unless we’re beating FSU by 40 and our coaches use backup kickers and punters again.

Advertisement

I never said he was bad. I said we need him to take the next step which is 100% true. Then people started crying in the thread like I said the kid sucked. Everyone around here is so used to sucking and being a **** team that as soon as you say something about a kid needing to take the next step, work harder, or something along those lines they all start whining.

We need Andy to be even better if we want to win games. It’s not that hard to understand. Yes he was solid a s a freshman but we need more. Pretty simple to understand

I never said he was bad. I said we need him to take the next step which is 100% true. Then people started crying in the thread like I said the kid sucked. Everyone around here is so used to sucking and being a **** team that as soon as you say something about a kid needing to take the next step, work harder, or something along those lines they all start whining.

We need Andy to be even better if we want to win games. It’s not that hard to understand. Yes he was solid a s a freshman but we need more. Pretty simple to understand
We need the OL to step up. We need WRs to step up. We need the DL to step up. We need LBs to step up. We need CBs to step up.

There's a good shot he's going to be on the pre-season watch list for the Groza award. A TF kicker that hit 81% of his FGs with a long of 55 yards.....uh.....you want him to keep getting better but I'm just not sure what your expectations are of the kid?

Not to derail the thread but it needs to be said that Andy following right behind his brothers footsteps was basically an impossible act to follow. Jose was the 2nd best kicker in UM history. He was lights out. Andy will come into his own sooner than later and be right up there with him before its all said and done.

Advertisement
Back