5 star Kelvin Banks decommits from Oregon 👀👀👀

Advertisement
Part of the story from businesswire:
Horns with Heart was founded as a non-profit organization with the goal of using the Name, Image, and Likeness of University of Texas student-athletes to help promote worthy charitable causes and make positive contributions to our local communities. The charity was founded by six University of Texas alumni and supporters with experience across multiple industries and disciplines to make a positive impact on local communities, as well as help empower our fantastic student athletes. Clark Field Collective is a key participating donor to Horns with Heart.

Sounds legit, lol. Made it a non profit no less, trying to use it as a tax writeoff.
This is all horse****, they just want to pay the players.

Advertisement
This is why I didn't understand getting excited about NLI for Miami. It is a big market yes, but that means there are other celebrities to draw from marketing budgets. If people weren't willing to throw real money at recruits before we aren't going to outspend now just because it is above board.

This is why I didn't understand getting excited about NLI for Miami. It is a big market yes, but that means there are other celebrities to draw from marketing budgets. If people weren't willing to throw real money at recruits before we aren't going to outspend now just because it is above board.
If there’s one thing I know about Miami is that people love to front and show off so I can see people willing to spend if they can get credit and publicity whereas a Bama or Georgia booster has no problem being anonymous to the public but brag to their millionaire friends he’s the reason why a five star RB committed to them.

Let’s see what happens if we consistently win and win big. You’ll see people lined up to support but they may not all be alums.

Last edited:
If there’s one thing I know about Miami is that people love to front and show off so I can see people willing to spend if they can get credit and publicity whereas a Bama or Georgia booster have no problem being anonymous to the public but brag to their millionaire friends he’s the reason why a five star RB committed to them.

Let’s see what happens if we consistently win and win big. You’ll see people lined up to support but they may not all be alums.
I sure hope so. But now that paying players is legal, the difference is the Bama booster with a marketing budget at his auto business doesn't have to choose between the college players, the nfl player, the nba player, the actor/actress, the model, the music artist etc etc. People may eventually start flexing on miami players but it is going to be when they are the biggest show in town.

Nobody can. UT football is the most profitable college sport in the nation. They've got the most booster money. If they want to buy Texas the most talented college football teams every year, they can essentially crowdfund that team using billionaires.

Quinn Ewers NIL deal was supposedly worth over a million. That's nothing to them. It would only cost them $500k total to give $50k to each offensive lineman in their two deep. So for less than 10 million they can buy a college football roster. Which is substantially less than they're already donating.

There's going to have to be some kinda cap placed on it or it will end up like NFL rookie contracts used to be. Every year topping the last in guaranteed money, until its unsustainable.
Bryce Young is reportedly over the seven figure mark at Bama.

Spencer Rattler, who got benched and is transferring from OU, also is in the seven figure range.

Crazy times we're living bro.

Advertisement
I know Mario just got here and Texas OL NIL and staying home etc are all factors.

But this is a disappointing miss. I thought we had a much better chance because of his relationship with Mario and Mirabel. If he was willing to go to Oregon to play for Mario and Mirabel, why wouldn't he be willing to come to Miami? Seems like he didn't even consider it. Push his timeline back. Plan a visit. Anything. Is he an EE?

I know Mario just got here and Texas OL NIL and staying home etc are all factors.

But this is a disappointing miss. I thought we had a much better chance because of his relationship with Mario and Mirabel. If he was willing to go to Oregon to play for Mario and Mirabel, why wouldn't he be willing to come to Miami? Seems like he didn't even consider it. Push his timeline back. Plan a visit. Anything. Is he an EE?
Agreed. We should fire Mario now. Just get it over with. We need to overreact. This obviously proves the guy sucks. There is no other conclusion one can draw from this.

I’m all in with Ken Dorsey or Briles being the OC with Coley being involved with the gameplanning as the CO-OC especially with Ken. I think Ken has the highest upside of them all. He’s gonna be a OC this offseason anyways.

I’m all in with Ken Dorsey or Briles being the OC with Coley being involved with the gameplanning as the CO-OC especially with Ken. I think Ken has the highest upside of them all. He’s gonna be a OC this offseason anyways.

Do we have an idea of what kind of offense Kenny wants to run?

Advertisement

There appear to have been rumors he was going to decommit from Oregon or just outright flip to the Texas schools. It seems that NIL deal was always going to win out. Plus, consider in his mind, he used all his OVs already, so why push his decision back?

Do we have an idea of what kind of offense Kenny wants to run?
Bills are a power run, vertical team so probably something similar. Rivera believes in the same concepts as well and he worked for him.

Advertisement
I know we all love Dorsey but what makes people think he’s the right hire to be OC? I don’t think he’s a plan A or B but then again I’m not Mario. I know he did some good work with Cam but a lot of that can be attributed to Norv Turner. If he played at GA or somewhere else I don’t think he would even be in this conversation right now.

I know we all love Dorsey but what makes people think he’s the right hire to be OC? I don’t think he’s a plan A or B but then again I’m not Mario. I know he did some good work with Cam but a lot of that can be attributed to Norv Turner. If he played at GA or somewhere else I don’t think he would even be in this conversation right now.
And Josh Allen going from fringe starter to Superstar? Ken is going to be an OC rather it’s Buffalo when Daboll leaves or here. You need to do more homework on the work Ken’s done. He’s essentially the OC in waiting in Buffalo.

Advertisement
Back