5 star Kelvin Banks decommits from Oregon 👀👀👀

Advertisement
Don’t they have the $100k pancake hearts whatever deal? That’s $150k….per year. We can’t compete with that
Nobody can. UT football is the most profitable college sport in the nation. They've got the most booster money. If they want to buy Texas the most talented college football teams every year, they can essentially crowdfund that team using billionaires.

Quinn Ewers NIL deal was supposedly worth over a million. That's nothing to them. It would only cost them $500k total to give $50k to each offensive lineman in their two deep. So for less than 10 million they can buy a college football roster. Which is substantially less than they're already donating.

There's going to have to be some kinda cap placed on it or it will end up like NFL rookie contracts used to be. Every year topping the last in guaranteed money, until its unsustainable.

Nobody can. UT football is the most profitable college sport in the nation. They've got the most booster money. If they want to buy Texas the most talented college football teams every year, they can essentially crowdfund that team using billionaires.

Quinn Ewers NIL deal was supposedly worth over a million. That's nothing to them. It would only cost them $500k total to give $50k to each offensive lineman in their two deep. So for less than 10 million they can buy a college football roster. Which is substantially less than they're already donating.

There's going to have to be some kinda cap placed on it or it will end up like NFL rookie contracts used to be. Every year topping the last in guaranteed money, until its unsustainable.
It actually makes how much they suck so much more impressive.

Advertisement
Their ‘Pancake Factory’ , I think, will go to things around town and do appearances and photo opp type of things. So, i don’t think its directly tied to their play on the field, but rather them being a scholly lineman player and part of the team.

it’s a great NIL set up

I hope we can do something similar
Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

Their ‘Pancake Factory’ , I think, will go to things around town and do appearances and photo opp type of things. So, i don’t think its directly tied to their play on the field, but rather them being a scholly lineman player and part of the team.

it’s a great NIL set up

I hope we can do something similar

We can beat that…They should revive the 7th floor crew…

Recruiting is just going to become one massive, unregulated auction for services, which is sad. And it will be funded by vanity gifts from boosters, so traditional market principles that would naturally control prices don’t apply. We’ll have freshman QBs who aren’t even starting making more than NFL QBs. I hate the direction this is headed. The NCAA has proven to be one of the most incompetent organizations in history.

Advertisement
Recruiting is just going to become one massive, unregulated auction for services, which is sad. And it will be funded by vanity gifts from boosters, so traditional market principles that would naturally control prices don’t apply. We’ll have freshman QBs who aren’t even starting making more than NFL QBs. I hate the direction this is headed. The NCAA has proven to be one of the most incompetent organizations in history.
So people ***** that players dont get paid....now people ***** that players are getting paid.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Part of the story from businesswire:
Horns with Heart was founded as a non-profit organization with the goal of using the Name, Image, and Likeness of University of Texas student-athletes to help promote worthy charitable causes and make positive contributions to our local communities. The charity was founded by six University of Texas alumni and supporters with experience across multiple industries and disciplines to make a positive impact on local communities, as well as help empower our fantastic student athletes. Clark Field Collective is a key participating donor to Horns with Heart.

Sounds legit, lol. Made it a non profit no less, trying to use it as a tax writeoff.

Advertisement
Back