5 4 3 2 1..The Countdown

They have literally one big.

Both teams thrive with guard play. Also, Miami's bigs aren't exactly world beaters. Rebounding has been an issue all year.

With that said, there's zero reason not to feel good going into this game. Villanova is good, but so is Miami. Should be another slugfest in a season full of slugfests.

See it about the same way, reason they play the game.

Advertisement
Since posters get jumped on and get called potatoes(hilarious, SMH) for not predicting Miami isn't going to win every game...... DEM CANES BY 40. Nobody can beat them. Every player is great. Tonye isn't soft!!!! The shooting isn't inconsistent whatsoever.

On a real note, I do think we match up well with Nova. They are a very good team(obviously). Rebounding and turnovers are huge. We need to win the rebounding battle and cut down on the turnovers. In the WSU win, the team was very careless with the ball a lot of the time. It wouldn't of even been a game if it wasn't for the careless play. Villanova hasn't really had much of a challenge yet in the tournament with two blowouts of UNC-Asheville and Iowa. Iowa is a good team but nothing to fear. Would like to see Sheldon be more assertive. Him and Angel are one of the best back courts in the country. They'll have to lead this team if this team is going to further. GO CANES!!!

Going to be a tough game, no bout a doubt it. Coach L gonna be on these boys and making sure we got Nova's number. Expect someone like Reed or Newton to step up big time. With the early game Saturday, we should be well rested. Would surely love to see the coach take us to the 8.

i could care less about what potatoes think here.

i could care less that we got out rebounded.

the shockers are better than nova. they had 2 of the best players in shockers history on their team and we basically destroyed them.

i will make a prediction right here right now, if angel and sheldon score 45+ combined we are not losing to crappanova.

Advertisement

the shockers are better than nova. they had 2 of the best players in shockers history on their team and we basically destroyed them.

i will make a prediction right here right now, if angel and sheldon score 45+ combined we are not losing to crappanova.

Way to go out on a limb!

Of course Nova is good, all of the teams in sweet 16 are good. i think the Canes have a great chance to advance. I would love to see better play on the glass, but after 30+ games, they are who they are. Besides Kamari, the best shot to clean up the boards will come from Reed. He's big enough to have a real impact.

Since posters get jumped on and get called potatoes(hilarious, SMH) for not predicting Miami isn't going to win every game...... DEM CANES BY 40. Nobody can beat them. Every player is great. Tonye isn't soft!!!! The shooting isn't inconsistent whatsoever.

On a real note, I do think we match up well with Nova. They are a very good team(obviously). Rebounding and turnovers are huge. We need to win the rebounding battle and cut down on the turnovers. In the WSU win, the team was very careless with the ball a lot of the time. It wouldn't of even been a game if it wasn't for the careless play. Villanova hasn't really had much of a challenge yet in the tournament with two blowouts of UNC-Asheville and Iowa. Iowa is a good team but nothing to fear. Would like to see Sheldon be more assertive. Him and Angel are one of the best back courts in the country. They'll have to lead this team if this team is going to further. GO CANES!!!

You really think that's it?

This is an interesting match-up. Nova actually plays best when they play inside-out. When they get in the lane the kick out creating space they can be deadly. Need to keep them on the perimeter. They take a ton of threes, but seem to only make them when the ball is coming from inside the arc. They also struggle against teams with athletic guards that can blow-by the first line of defense. If the Canes can get Ochefu in foul trouble early, along with Jenkins it obviously favors the Canes. If the Canes turnover the ball, which is one of Nova's strengths, it's gonna be a long day. Should be a **** good game. Looking forward to it.

Advertisement
We've beaten UVA, Duke, and Louisville in the regular season and finished 13-5 in the toughest conference in all of CBB.

We're tested, well coached, and hungry. I expect us to win.

Could or couldn't care?

This is an interesting match-up. Nova actually plays best when they play inside-out. When they get in the lane the kick out creating space they can be deadly. Need to keep them on the perimeter. They take a ton of threes, but seem to only make them when the ball is coming from inside the arc. They also struggle against teams with athletic guards that can blow-by the first line of defense. If the Canes can get Ochefu in foul trouble early, along with Jenkins it obviously favors the Canes. If the Canes turnover the ball, which is one of Nova's strengths, it's gonna be a long day. Should be a **** good game. Looking forward to it.

Your name:monkey-serious:

Advertisement

Actually we match up very well against Villanova. They go small a lot. If Iowa weren't from the Big Ten they wouldn't have gotten an at-large bid. They had lost 5 out of their last 6 Big Ten games entering the tournament. They were awful this weekend and they've been awful for about 3 weeks. Miami just beat a very experienced team with the #1 rated defense in the nation and Miami shot very well. Yes, 15 tournaments is a lot but that's pretty normal for Wichita State to force. Miami has to improve on the offensive boards.

I'm just waiting to see CaneScott's reply on why UM doesn't even belong on the same floor as Villanova...how the Big East is the best conference in the country...how Xavier got screwed on a bogus travelling call...how Providence was mis-seeded and got a raw deal so early in the tourney...how the Pac 12 deserved 11 teams in the tournament...how Butler and Utah should be ranked ahead of UM...how Duke should've been a number one seed...how Wichita St. should've won but they had 3 games in 5 days...how teams from the ACC only deserve no. 1 seeds when North Carolina or Duke are written across their jerseys...how Rollie Massimino is the greatest coach of all-time...etc., etc.

:newman:

Last edited:
The Canes are 5-3 against Sweet 16 teams. Nova is 0-2. The Canes are more experienced and have more size with Jekeri and Murph. They can also go small with Newton and Palmer if Nova goes small. I think Amp Lawrence can be used in a small lineup role as well. Nova goes small alot.

Advertisement
Good bit of so called experts picking us to win. Mac needs to have a really good game & we need to have the "good" Angel show up and ball again. The rest will take care of itself. We are also getting the Nance/Rafftery/Hill/Wolfson team in the South for the weekend.

Advertisement
Back