2025 Race to 300

Here we go again. Time for the next annual installment of, Can Mario and Co. Reach the Magic Number of 300 on the Composite?

I've done this thread now for the 3rd time since Mario has been here, let's take a peek at where we've officially ended his 2 real classes thus far:

2023: Finished at 284.64 points, good for the #7 class in the country
2024: Finished at 291.54 points, good for the #4 class in the country

So, can we continue the trend and push over 300? Only 2 teams did in 2024. 3 did in 2023. 4 did in 2022. So this number usually gets you a Top 3-ish class.

Currently, as we sit on July 1, Miami has the #17 class in the country, sitting at 212.50 points. Obviously much work to be done, and judging by Mario's history here, we know much work will be done over the next 5 months.

So what's coming up on the horizon? Gavin Nix commits tonight, and Drake Stubbs commits on 7/4. Both kids are thought to be leaning towards Miami, as of now. Adding both of those to the current class gets the number to 234.91, which would jump the overall class rank to #10.

So can we get to 300? As usual, it's going to be very much an uphill climb to actually get all the way there, but I do think we can make a run at it again. No reason to go crazy with the calculator right now, as we know there will be a ton of movement between now and ESD, but I did plug in some high-end targets that we feel at least reasonably good with right now, to see what ballpark we're in.

I added:

Nix
Pickett
Epenesa
Stubbs
Antoine
Alofaituli
Hanks, Jr
Fitzgerald
Carter
Upshaw

That would be a 24 man class, and the number is 284.78. Probably would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 6th to 8th.

We'll continue to monitor and update this as we go, but let's add Nix and Stubbs this week and begin the ******* march to three hundy.

Advertisement
IMG_5666.jpeg

Flo and @Ghandi have each referenced us having a smallish 2025 class (something like 18-21 HS recruits). If that turns out to be the case, it'll be **** near impossible to hit 300 (though I'd love to see that high an average per recruit).

Advertisement
I don't know how that 18 to 21 guy small class is possible, we'll be at that by Aug 1st lol
I've been thinking the same thing.

Nix, Stubbs take us to 16, right?

SJ, Carter, Iose are all summer possibilities. That's 19. We need WR's so Upshaw is in whenever he wants.

Then we are still whale hunting for Griffin, Pickett and alpha WR's.

I see 23-24 HS kids and 7-10 portal takes. We took over 40 guys this year combining portal and HS. I don't see that happening year over year, but definitely 30-33 each year.

I've been thinking the same thing.

Nix, Stubbs take us to 16, right?

SJ, Carter, Iose are all summer possibilities. That's 19. We need WR's so Upshaw is in whenever he wants.

Then we are still whale hunting for Griffin, Pickett and alpha WR's.

I see 23-24 HS kids and 7-10 portal takes. We took over 40 guys this year combining portal and HS. I don't see that happening year over year, but definitely 30-33 each year.
Exactly adding those first 5 guys alone gets you to 19 like you said. We get 3 WRs later on and Pickett also this class has to at least be 25 i would say

It's crazy how quickly we can get to 275 but how hard it is to get to 300.

Yep. Got a lot of 3 stars at the “bottom” of the class that make it really difficult. Assuming we keep everyone currently committed (we likely won’t), we probably have to sign 4-ish 5-stars to even get close.

Advertisement
For 300 I added everyone you included minus:
-Jaboree
-Fitzgerald
-Demetrius Campbell

We would have to add:
+Elijah Griffin
+Jaime Ffrench
+Dallas Wilson
+Walter Mathis

Or:

+Elijah Griffin
+ Dallas Wilson
+Jaboree Antoine
+Jerome Myles

To get to 300

The second option is more doable but Elijah Griffin would be the piece I see hardest to get in both scenarios.

We probably end up at 285-289 range I would say though

Advertisement
Crazy that no one has mentioned how many of our recruits will become 4*. That is typically a CIS staple. Melendez and Nickle should get bumps imo.

Exactly adding those first 5 guys alone gets you to 19 like you said. We get 3 WRs later on and Pickett also this class has to at least be 25 i would say

If I'm not mistaken, this team only has 19 or 21 "seniors." I believe many players will be playing for their place in the squad for the 2025 season.

I also can't see how this class doesn't end up being between 25-27 players, even if some players get dropped.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Don't see it happening this year. We make a run and win the ACC/ make it into the playoffs and I can definitely see it happening next year or the year after though. Mario and staff recruiting here while being able to sell results instead of a vision and promises? Yeah sign me up for that.

-Jaboree
-Fitzgerald
-Demetrius Campbell

We would have to add:
+Elijah Griffin
+Jaime Ffrench
+Dallas Wilson
+Walter Mathis

Or:

+Elijah Griffin
+ Dallas Wilson
+Jaboree Antoine
+Jerome Myles

To get to 300

The second option is more doable but Elijah Griffin would be the piece I see hardest to get in both scenarios.

Why are you removing Campbell out of the class? Did I miss some news on him?

-Jaboree
-Fitzgerald
-Demetrius Campbell

We would have to add:
+Elijah Griffin
+Jaime Ffrench
+Dallas Wilson
+Walter Mathis

Or:

+Elijah Griffin
+ Dallas Wilson
+Jaboree Antoine
+Jerome Myles

To get to 300

Let's hope this staff can close strong and bring in some combination of these 11 players, and they will end up with 300+

Jaime Ffrench
Dallas Wilson/Jerome Myles
Daylyn Upshaw/Vernell Brown III
Seuseu Alofaituli
Iose Epenesa
Jarquez Carter
Elijah Griffin
Gavin Nix*
DJ Pickett
Jaboree Antoine/Ben Hanks Jr.
Hylton Stubbs*

Let's hope this staff can close strong and bring in some combination of these 11 players, and they will end up with 300+

Jaime Ffrench
Dallas Wilson/Jerome Myles
Daylyn Upshaw/Vernell Brown III
Seuseu Alofaituli
Iose Epenesa
Jarquez Carter
Elijah Griffin
Gavin Nix*
DJ Pickett
Jaboree Antoine/Ben Hanks Jr.
Hylton Stubbs*
The wild card is gonna be the WRs how that shakes out